Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been offered a 1.0T 90ps SE 5dr cheaper than a 1.4T. Just wondering how the two 1.0l turbo engines compare - has anyone driven both? I have only driven the n/a 1.4 and the 1.4T. Having been used to the 105tsi Ibiza, am I likely to notice the lack of a few ps' if I went with the 90ps? I thought I had finally decided on a 1.4T 100ps, but now I am thrown back into confusion yet again! :oops:

·
Registered
3 Posts
LeachiE said:
Hi everyone, I have been offered a 1.0T 90ps SE 5dr cheaper than a 1.4T. Just wondering how the two 1.0l turbo engines compare - has anyone driven both? I have only driven the n/a 1.4 and the 1.4T. Having been used to the 105tsi Ibiza, am I likely to notice the lack of a few ps' if I went with the 90ps? I thought I had finally decided on a 1.4T 100ps, but now I am thrown back into confusion yet again! :oops:
ive been questioning this my self. if done abit of research and most people are recommending the 1.4t.

even though it has less power than the 1.0t the power comes lower down the rev range. i think max power on the 1.0 is reached at around 5k and the 1.4t 3k (dont quote me on that, just a vague memory) the 1.4t is also lower on insurance.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think after how everyone loves the 1.4T on here, that was what I had pretty much decided on getting. I need to make the right choice, so don't want to rush! Mud4fun has been through figures for all the turbos on here iirc. I don't do that many motorway miles due to where I live. Last time I drove on a motorway was 2 years ago at least, so maybe the 1.0t would be ok for me. I have been spoilt by my current car and I'm still a bit hesitant to make the change. I guess the time still isn't right!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally, I had my heart set on the 1.0T 115ps Excite, but since being part of this forum, I realised that it didn't offer what I wanted or needed. Also, pretty much turned my thoughts to favour the 1.4 engine instead. I only filled in a form online to value my car and next thing I have the dealer on the phone with an offer! I don't want to be rushed into it - buying a new car is not a quick decision!

·
Registered
3 Posts
LeachiE said:
Originally, I had my heart set on the 1.0T 115ps Excite, but since being part of this forum, I realised that it didn't offer what I wanted or needed. Also, pretty much turned my thoughts to favour the 1.4 engine instead. I only filled in a form online to value my car and next thing I have the dealer on the phone with an offer! I don't want to be rushed into it - buying a new car is not a quick decision!
yeah it is a big decision i wouldn't rush into it! another good thing about the 1.4t is that it has really good tuning potential. i currently have a black edition 1.4t which was remapped to 165hp with no other modification except for a pipercross panel filter and i believe the e can do the same, im looking to order one this weekend

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going to get mine mapped when I do get it - I test drove the 1.4T and it goes plenty fast enough for me just as it is!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wife has the 1.0t 113ps corsa and loves it. She drove a 1.4t corsa and 1.0t Adam back to back along the same route and even though the 1.4t was a big approvement over her corsa D 1.4 she much preferred the 1 litre and hasn't regretted her choice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts