Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
Very nice! I've been wanting to see this colour in daylight for a while! Having not seen one in person, I am not sure if it's too like the 'silver lightning' colour on the 58 plate D that I had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeachiE said:
Very nice! I've been wanting to see this colour in daylight for a while! Having not seen one in person, I am not sure if it's too like the 'silver lightning' colour on the 58 plate D that I had.
IMO its nothing like silver lightning, that's more "blue" this is just like an ordinary grey colour, bordering on anthracite, but not as dark as asteroid grey,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the Corsa had her first clean today, its been washed by the dealers a couple of times when it's been in for warranty work so its not really needed a wash until now, I gave the wheels a proper clean, polish and wax to hopefully stop brake dust baking on a couple of weeks ago so today just gave her a wash using 2 bucket method, meguiars microfibre wash not, turtle wax wash and wax stuff (25litre from Costco only £16) and then a wax with Meguiars Carnauba wax.

Came up brilliant, pleased to report no damage (always a scary prospect washing your new car for the first time and seeing the damage on it) was going to touch in the chip on my passenger door my missus did when opening it one day but decided to leave it as it was tiny and the touch up would've just made it look worse, put on my i-pop carbon look door guards to hopefully stop anymore door edge chips.

Pics to follow later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!!!:

Well the car finally got some presents to add a wee personal touch to it all thanks to Vauxhalls £150 goodwill voucher

So I ordered the genuine aluminium effect sill plates, the chrome effect exhaust tail pipe extension (ala VX-Line/LE exhaust, the only difference between theirs and SRi exhaust systems) and the rubber/plastic tailored cargo liner tray, as there wasn't much else Vauxhall accessory wise I wanted. It came to £165 all told but I got a 10% discount car for servicing, repairs, tyres parts and accessories from the dealer I bought the car from, so £148 all in. Not sure what the dealers price on the parts was but Vauxhall Accessories site lists the exhaust trim at £47.46 the sill plates at £49.98 and the cargo liner at £67.79, the cargo liner is nice and a perfect fit with a lip to stop stuff getting on the boot carpet but its not nearly £68 worth imo and I wouldn't have paid that much or bought it if it was my own money, the others well worth it.

I may attempt to fit the sill plates and exhaust trim as well as giving the car her first thorough clean next week if I get my weeks holiday, now I've got these not a massive amount I definitely want for the car.

My definite list is:
- LE/VX-Line rear roof spoiler
- False floor shelf
- Factory toolkit and wheel brace and jack to go in the proper polystyrene tool holder from a D I've fitted in my right hand boot compartment like it is from the factory
- Get my D SXi 16" alloy refurbed and painted/powder coated black and a new tyre put on it
- Canbus thatcham cat 2-1 alarm upgrade.
- Bulbs which match the colour of the LED DRLs/sidelights better for dipped headlamps, main beam and front fogs.

Maybe/undecided stuff
- Rear tinted windows
- Genuine tailgate and rear side window sunblinds
- Genuine tailored Mudflaps
- Full colour coded door mirrors from VX-Line/SE
- LE black grille bar or VXR carbon fibre effect grille bar
- Armrest (I would definitely buy one if Vauxhall brought out an official one, not convinces by the aftermarket screw onto console type ones at the moment)

Anyway, pictures!: (please excuse the poor quality, they were taken in a rush on my phone)









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
hendry said:
UPDATE!!!:

Well the car finally got some presents to add a wee personal touch to it all thanks to Vauxhalls £150 goodwill voucher

So I ordered the genuine aluminium effect sill plates, the chrome effect exhaust tail pipe extension (ala VX-Line/LE exhaust, the only difference between theirs and SRi exhaust systems) and the rubber/plastic tailored cargo liner tray, as there wasn't much else Vauxhall accessory wise I wanted. It came to £165 all told but I got a 10% discount car for servicing, repairs, tyres parts and accessories from the dealer I bought the car from, so £148 all in. Not sure what the dealers price on the parts was but Vauxhall Accessories site lists the exhaust trim at £47.46 the sill plates at £49.98 and the cargo liner at £67.79, the cargo liner is nice and a perfect fit with a lip to stop stuff getting on the boot carpet but its not nearly £68 worth imo and I wouldn't have paid that much or bought it if it was my own money, the others well worth it.

Anyway, pictures!: (please excuse the poor quality, they were taken in a rush on my phone)









Nice extras - agree with you about the boot liner, although I got mine of ebay as a bargain - genuine £10 delievered :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some updated pics now I've fitted my exhaust trim, sill plates and cargo liner and given then car a wash, polish with Autoglym SRP and waxed with Meguiars Carnauba Wax

























 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Looks fab Hendry! :cool:

Boot liner is a good idea. We put some logs in Dafny boot and the bits have stuck in the carpet and no amount of hoovering has got them all out. Now has a woodchip effect floor - liner is now on list of things to buy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mud4fun said:
Looks fab Hendry! :cool:

Boot liner is a good idea. We put some logs in Dafny boot and the bits have stuck in the carpet and no amount of hoovering has got them all out. Now has a woodchip effect floor - liner is now on list of things to buy!
Thanks.

Yeah cargo liner is very pricey at £68 :eek: glad I didn't pay for it out my own pocket as IMO its nice and its handy to have but its not worth that amount of money.

Also fitted my sill plates but couldn't get a good picture of them as the light was reflecting off them. They look squinty oddly but arent, I used the fitting instructions and used the given measurements for fitting them and I checked, double and triple checked they were lined up as per the instructions before I stuck them down, noticed they looked squint and assumed they'd moved before I stuck them down but I checked again and measurements were all bang on, weird :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Yes, the sill actually tapers in towards the front so no matter where you place the sills they look like they are misaligned, I had same problem with mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been having a good think lately and once all the niggles get sorted out with the car finally, as I've done the first wee bits I had planned like rubber mats, tailored boot liner, Aluminium effect sill plates and stainless exhaust tail pipe trim, sourcing a full 16" spare alloy and getting it painted black, tool kit and so on to replace the sealant inflation kot, I had to come up with some more plans:

- Genuine VXR styling kit rear spoiler as fitted to LE and VX-Line, already looking into buying one of these. This will definitely be happening and is my number 1 priority once the cars been to the dealers and is 100% again.
- Genuine tailored Mudflaps, I don't want the styling kit (my standard rubber front splitter is already scuffed, id be gutted to scuff painted skirts/splitter) but think the car looks a little odd with a spoiler but nothing else, have looked at a few Ds which have a spoiler and flaps and they look good.
- Black grille bar as fitted to the LE, I think this totally transforms the look of the front end without taking away the OEM look, the chrome bar just doesn't go on a grey car with black wheels, black grille backing, black door pillars etc.
- Philips White vision bulbs for the dipped and main beam headlamps, as I don't want to attempt retrofitting AFL/Xenon's from a VXR or fit an aftermarket HID kit but I still want the lights to not look yellow compared to the LED DRLs. And some Front Fog Bulbs from Lush to match.

And finally, this is a maybe, possibly tint the rear 3 windows to the same %age as LE is from the factory, as I am anal I did consider buying the full factory tinted glass windows from VX using the reg of an LE so its genuine parts and not a stick on tint film but I don't like the idea of stripping apart my car to replace the glass.

That will then be the list of mods I had set out when I bought the car completed and anything else will just be as and when I see something I like or a specific part comes up at a good price, like a false boot floor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the Official Corsa E flaps, the rear ones are almost pointless - they are pathetically small, and really I can't see how they stop anything from flicking up!

Not looked for other flaps though, but I suggest you look for a different kind other than the solid VX Corsa E ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LimeyUK said:
I wouldn't recommend the Official Corsa E flaps, the rear ones are almost pointless - they are pathetically small, and really I can't see how they stop anything from flicking up!

Not looked for other flaps though, but I suggest you look for a different kind other than the solid VX Corsa E ones.
They are more for a "styling" point of view, than for actually protecting anything, just so the car doesn't look "bare" with the spoiler fitted at the back but no front, rear or side skirts to balance it out at the bottom.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top