Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.

After having a series of Jags and most recently a Lexus, I've plumped for a Corsa for 2 reasons, 1, it's small enough to fit into modern multi storey car parks and 2, hopefully people won't be intimidated by a Corsa and will refrain from opening their doors into my paintwork.

Also, I'm impressed with the included equipment, the OnStar system seems to work very well - it's not the fastest internet I've ever used, but it's free for 12 months and I intend to make the most of it. The integration of modern phones makes a lot of sense too, to equip a Lexus with a similar system would cost an arm and a leg, I think the Corsa is excellent value for money.

I've heard conflicting reports about Bring Go and look forward to reading more on this forum before jumping into investing.

Only 1 problem to report, I ordered Hysle Embossed Atmosphere trim and got Graphite Black :roll: They offered me a discount but I told them to order the correct interior - time will tell if it gets sorted!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum - had my Corsa 1.4 SE Automatic nearly 9 months now & completed 4700 miles trouble free (mainly) town driving. Best purchase I have ever made & still really pleased with the style and comfort. Sure your going to enjoy yours also.

Derek

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, the car is living up to expectations. It's mainly for my mrs to commute with and although her last car was a hybrid, the fuel consumption doesn't appear to be that much higher - and is obviously a lot less complex.

The one thing that bugs us both is the general lack of storage inside. The manual shows a coin tray under the light switch, but we don't have that. It also shows trays under the seats, also AWOL on our car, presumably these are 'extras'? Can anyone shed any light on those, our dealership is clueless.

I have to agree with you on the comfort stakes, I suffer with spinal problems but the ride is very good for such a small car.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Don't know about coin tray ? but I have a storage tray under the front passenger seat ? Have you checked there?? Otherwise I'm quite content with available storage other than the Glove Box which is about all you can get in there with the owners manual etc. Happy days.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you have the panoramic sunroof, then you won't have the storage tray - something about passenger seat height adjuster..

Other than that I believe you should have it - unless it's another item they removed from MY16 models

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, just checked again. No under seat tray, it also says in the manual that there's a coin holder in the glovebox, maybe I need an eye test, but I can't see anything. We actually live quite near a toll bridge, so keeping the right money to hand is fairly important, atm it rattles around in the centre console which is not only noisy, but it's a stretch when fumbling around for it.

It's not the biggest problem, but a niggle I'd like to fix. To be fair to Vauxhall, the mrs does keep a LOT of stuff in the car. When clearing out the Lexus, I found 5 packets of Halls Mentholyptus in various cubby holes!

Ah, we don't have the sunroof, but we do have the passenger seat height adjuster, but as you say, it could just be a cost saving.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I don't have the under seat tray, nor do I have the passenger seat height adjust either. Not noticed any coin holder under the light controls but will check that tomorrow. A few years ago I had a Meriva Energy that had the under seat storage.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Remember reading somewhere that if you got the Passenger Seat Height Adjuster you will not have an underseat storage tray ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I guess the simplest fix is to throw all the coinage into a bank bag and keep it in the door pocket - it'll stop the rattling and keep it handyish.

I still want an arm rest though, but that's a whole new topic...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ours doesn't have that Jerry, to be honest, the mrs isn't very big, so wouldn't be able to reach the glovebox from the driver's seat anyway.

I guess they've taken a lot off the spec of the SE to reduce costs, but to be fair - when I ordered it, OnStar wasn't an option, but they fitted that, so I can't complain too much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I find it just as easy to use the hole between the gear stick and the handbrake to drop coins in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a solution. The mrs works in a hospital and came home with a urine specimen pot (unused!), coins fit great in that. Do you think that's a good idea, or am I taking the ......

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Old guy in a Corsa said:
Found a solution. The mrs works in a hospital and came home with a urine specimen pot (unused!), coins fit great in that. Do you think that's a good idea, or am I taking the ......
:lol: Had a look under the light switches in mine this morning and there's no storage tray at all under there. I don't even have a pen holder in the glove box.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine got the coin storage (just discovered it ) and pen holder in the glove box and its a my15. No storage tray under passenger seat, but that's because it's got a sunroof and comes with a height adjustable seat, (not a cost saving issue, there's simply not enough room to put a tray)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
How does the coin holder work? Surely they'd just fall out into the glovebox? :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts