Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local dealer yesterday and was very impressed by the new corsa. I am looking to order one very soon. My only issue is choosing between the 1.4 and 1.4T. The dealer only had a 1.4 to test drive and I was surprised by how pleasant a drive it was but I will be doing a fair amount of motorway miles and wondered if anyone had chance to test both? Is there a really noticeable difference? I have never had the opportunity to test a turbo engine.

My other concern is whether or not a turbo engine would prove reliable over the long term as I plan to keep it for a number of years.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Only 400 miles? How small is the tank? I can get 500 miles from a tank on my pickup truck and that is only doing 37mpg. Never thought about tank size when buying car, bugger, thought I'd be making fewer trips to garage not more :-( (should be cheaper fill ups though)

·
Registered
75 Posts
mud4fun said:
Only 400 miles? How small is the tank? I can get 500 miles from a tank on my pickup truck and that is only doing 37mpg. Never thought about tank size when buying car, bugger, thought I'd be making fewer trips to garage not more :-( (should be cheaper fill ups though)
45 litres I think mate

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Balls, my current tank is 70litres which means I can do two round trips from hull to Coventry. Commute is 130 miles motorway each way and I don't want to be filling up on motorways so tend to always keep a good reserve to allow filling up in local shell or BP which is 10ppl cheaper than motorway services. I guess 45 litres is OK if I can get 50+mpg out of the 1.4T.

It is not so much the cost but rather the inconvenience of having to stop. When I leave work I just want to get home :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.