Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my 1.4l Turbo SRI in Red 6 weeks ago! Build date of July 3rd and finish date of July 31st!

Anybody know if it's possible to somehow put custom apps on intellilink?

:)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I waited 10 weeks for my factory build back in Jan-March. If the lead time is now 12-14 weeks it must mean they have more orders?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I waited 10 weeks for my factory build back in Jan-March. If the lead time is now 12-14 weeks it must mean they have more orders?
Apparently that's the average build time - i suspect they have increased it slightly to allow themselves more space, and to make themselves look better if it arrives 'early' :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ordered mine on the 24th February - and the pickup date isn't till the 21st June!

I have a feeling they messed the order up - although they won't admit to that :x

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's awful hijamie32! That's one heck if a wait! I was yold vack in Feb, and again last week that all turbo engined cars are factory oreders because there aren't any with that engine in stock. I was offered a 1.0T 90ps in 3 colours by Doves in Southampton.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
That's awful hijamie32! That's one heck if a wait! I was yold vack in Feb, and again last week that all turbo engined cars are factory oreders because there aren't any with that engine in stock. I was offered a 1.0T 90ps in 3 colours by Doves in Southampton.
That sucks - my dealer had access to a load of turbo engined corsa's that were sat in Docks around the country, if i didn't want Lime Green and Black Wheels, i could have had a new corsa within 3 days of ordering :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
That sucks - my dealer had access to a load of turbo engined corsa's that were sat in Docks around the country, if i didn't want Lime Green and Black Wheels, i could have had a new corsa within 3 days of ordering :lol:
Yep, kicked up a right fuss when I found out, went in there and demanded they either give me some discount or I was walking away.

Ended up with a tank of petrol, Official mats, first years service free and guaranteed part ex price regardless what happens :)

Just a good thing we weren't desperate!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
Hmmmm! I have heard other people have got theirs in a few days or weeks, not months, as most factory orders are. Mine would be a factory order if I go for SRi with winter pack. Odd that I have been told on 3 different occasions by two dealers that 1.4T models are all factory orders! Maybe if I went in and committed to buy there and then they may suddenly 'find' something should I go for one that needs no options.

I drove past the local dealer this morning and there's a lovely shiny red 5dr LE sitting outside! Bet it hasn't got winter pack and 1.4T engine though, lol! Passed there again this afternoon and there is a 3dr in asteroid grey too but it looked really brown in the sun and I wasn't keen!

·
Registered
961 Posts
This really is a double ended sword, when I bought my car I couldve had almost any engine and trim I wanted provided I didn't want any options ticked and was willing to take a "common colour" which included carbon flash, summit white, flame red, shiny rock, asteroid grey, lime green, the brigt yellow colour, basically any colour except emerald green, deep sea blue and limelight green which the dealer hadn't ordered any of as they thought they'd struggle to shift them. So any colour in the range except 3, any engine, any trim, just no options. This was at Arnold Clark who had access t hundreds on their computer all sitting at their own compounds, not Vauxhall own ones or docks etc. I imagine most bigger dealer groups will be the same, so those of us who have one local are laughing, HOWEVER those who have a smaller local dealer and are having to wait ages for delivery are going to receive much better after sales and customer care.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Sounds about right Hendry. I never ordered any options on mine but dealer told me that at the time there were no 1.4T LE's in the country in Limelight green. They could get plenty of turbos in red or white within a week but I wanted an uncommon colour so had to wait. I'm glad I did because have not seen another limelight green yet let alone a 1.4T LE. I've seen zillions of white and red ones though.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yeah I'm glad I "picked" the colour I did, wasn't my first choice but off all the ones I couldve had it was the nicest, and I've not seen loads of them about, it looks amazing and not in your face, but still kinda unusual at the moment, I've seen loads of red, black, white and yellow ones. Very few in any other colour.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hendry said:
This really is a double ended sword, when I bought my car I couldve had almost any engine and trim I wanted provided I didn't want any options ticked and was willing to take a "common colour" which included carbon flash, summit white, flame red, shiny rock, asteroid grey, lime green, the brigt yellow colour, basically any colour except emerald green, deep sea blue and limelight green which the dealer hadn't ordered any of as they thought they'd struggle to shift them. So any colour in the range except 3, any engine, any trim, just no options. This was at Arnold Clark who had access t hundreds on their computer all sitting at their own compounds, not Vauxhall own ones or docks etc. I imagine most bigger dealer groups will be the same, so those of us who have one local are laughing, HOWEVER those who have a smaller local dealer and are having to wait ages for delivery are going to receive much better after sales and customer care.
Interesting that! Probably why when you think about it like that! I live on the Isle of Wight - we have one Vauxhall dealer. Come to think of it, any one manufacturer has only one dealership, apart from Ford. Therefore, to take advantage of the larger dealer networks I would have to travel over to the mainland. It was only a year or two ago that the Vauxhall dealerships transferred from Hartwell to Harwoods, which is an Island owned company. May I should look into somewhere a bit further afield then. I know Doves in Southampton only had 3 1.0T 90ps models available but I don't want that engine!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
Hmmmm! I have heard other people have got theirs in a few days or weeks, not months, as most factory orders are. Mine would be a factory order if I go for SRi with winter pack. Odd that I have been told on 3 different occasions by two dealers that 1.4T models are all factory orders! Maybe if I went in and committed to buy there and then they may suddenly 'find' something should I go for one that needs no options.

I drove past the local dealer this morning and there's a lovely shiny red 5dr LE sitting outside! Bet it hasn't got winter pack and 1.4T engine though, lol! Passed there again this afternoon and there is a 3dr in asteroid grey too but it looked really brown in the sun and I wasn't keen!
Funny thing is that I first specified what colour I wanted, and then my dealer told me what specs and engines they had in that colour - turns out the only one I could try afford was an Excite, and the only one in lime green was a 1.4T :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LimeyUK said:
mud4fun said:
Apparently that's the average build time - i suspect they have increased it slightly to allow themselves more space, and to make themselves look better if it arrives 'early' :lol:
Hopefully it does come early!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.