1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought new corsa 5 door 1.4T 100hp
it came with 17" 215/45R17

does any one know, do 6Jx15 fit this car, or i must buy 6Jx16? Don't have no one physically to test.

Regards

·
Registered
961 Posts
I presume 6jx15" wheels will be fine as that's what the spare wheel size is on those Corsas specified with one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no there is no spare tire in the car.

in service they told that they tried to put 6J15" and it didn't go on because 1.4Turbo has bigger discs brakes. something like that i dont remember.

thx for reply
Regards

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
He didn't say there was a spare, he stated that is the spare that goes with it if you elect to have it.

As long as the studs are correct, you should be fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The factory fit spare in my SE 1.4T 100ps is a 16" steel wheel with the same 195/55 R16 87h
Tyre that the 4 alloys are fitted with.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jerry said:
The factory fit spare in my SE 1.4T 100ps is a 16" steel wheel with the same 195/55 R16 87h
Tyre that the 4 alloys are fitted with.
Some are the space saver 15" from factory with a higher profile tyre.

I'm guessing yours isn't a space saver, which many usually are.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I'm guessing yours isn't a space saver, which many usually are.[/quote]

You are probably correct, I took a couple of quick pics.
Are all the 17" 4 stud or are some 5 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
IgorMM said:
thx to all for the help.
so its true, 15" don't fit 1.4turbo.

regards
to all
I would think they do. Only way to tell is to ask your dealer.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jerry said:

I'm guessing yours isn't a space saver, which many usually are.
You are probably correct, I took a couple of quick pics.
Are all the 17" 4 stud or are some 5 ?[/quote]

Interesting, I didn't know Vauxhall did a 4 stud 16" steel wheel which fits the Corsa.

I also didn't realise a full spare was available as an option at all on the E, I only ever came across the option for a space saver spare in lieu of tyre inflation kit (usually a skinny 115/125 width wheel and tyre) unless the full 16" steel spare is classed as a space saver on the E.

Certainly on the D it was a 15" full size spare wheel they came with.

I also find it odd that despite your spare being the same 16" as your alloys and having the same size of tyre so to all ointents and purposes when fitted its no different to having the alloy on except cosmetically and yet it still carries a sticker warning you to remain below a certain speed limit when it's fitted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I expected it to be a space saver, the sticker says max 120kph ( 74.5mph ) why it's there I've no idea

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It'll probably be the speed rating of the tyre that is fitted, that or a safety warning due to the fact that it is likely that you have fitted the wheel yourself by hand, and so it could come off.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
From 2014 when the law changed, possibly because it has no TPMS, even though it's a full spec tyre?? Not having 4 working TPMS tyres when they were fitted when new is an MOT failure so I guess with any spare you have to keep speed down. Can't fit a spare with TPMS as it won't match.
My current factory fitted spare on the D has no speed warning (2013). The only ones I have ever had with a 80mph sticker were space-savers.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
From 2014 when the law changed, possibly because it has no TPMS, even though it's a full spec tyre?? Not having 4 working TPMS tyres when they were fitted when new is an MOT failure so I guess with any spare you have to keep speed down. Can't fit a spare with TPMS as it won't match.
My current factory fitted spare on the D has no speed warning (2013). The only ones I have ever had with a 80mph sticker were space-savers.
You could have a spare with a TPMS sensor, but you'd need the calibration tool too...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts