Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

I just had a message back from one of the guys at Remus. If you are thinking how about getting the Remus backbox and you have the 1.4 turbocharged corsa then unfortunately you cannot get one because none of them fit yet.

If anyone knows where I can get one that will fit the 1.4t please let me know.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
XzinkX said:
Wouldn't your local welding shop be able to adapt it to fit a 1.4t?
It isn't the size of the pipe that is the problem. A turbo car can generate greater exhaust gas volumes and velocity and the muffler needs to be designed/sized according. You can't just stick a back box from a normally aspirated car onto a turbo car or you'll end up strangling it and actually reducing power!

In fact you can't just stick a bigger bore on either as it may actually reduce torque. Sure it will sound like it makes more power but in reality a drop in low down torque will make it less quick and give poorer mpg too. Exhaust diameter and components have to be carefully matched to the engine. A remapped/modified engine may need a different system to cope with the increased rpm and timing etc but normally the std exhaust is best for a standard engine. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mud4fun said:
XzinkX said:
Wouldn't your local welding shop be able to adapt it to fit a 1.4t?
It isn't the size of the pipe that is the problem. A turbo car can generate greater exhaust gas volumes and velocity and the muffler needs to be designed/sized according. You can't just stick a back box from a normally aspirated car onto a turbo car or you'll end up strangling it and actually reducing power!

In fact you can't just stick a bigger bore on either as it may actually reduce torque. Sure it will sound like it makes more power but in reality a drop in low down torque will make it less quick and give poorer mpg too. Exhaust diameter and components have to be carefully matched to the engine. A remapped/modified engine may need a different system to cope with the increased rpm and timing etc but normally the std exhaust is best for a standard engine. :)
Thanks for that :). Just looks like I will have to wait for one for come out :roll:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Have you looked into a Corsa D Black edition exhaust? The BE used a 1.4T engine albeit in a slightly different map (more peak power but at higher rpm) so the exhaust may well fit the E 1.4T too? It may be worth finding a supplier of a BE exhaust and checking with them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.