Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed, want to find out more about tuning the VXR? unlucky.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coidy92 said:
Looking good Chris, really want the new vxr now. What other plans you got for it?
Intercooler, 399cc injectors and forging dude

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds good keep us updated when you get stage 2, do you know if the exhaust for the vxr will fit the 1.4T if you customise the rear bumper. Looking to decat and fit twin exit if I can. And can the larger fuel injectors be fitted to the LE aswel?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Decat? So do you have an emissions readout?
He's obviously taken to VWs idea of measuring emissions :lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You can't sell Golly badges on ebay but decat manifolds are OK. How is that right.

Cmartino your car is illegal and uninsurable.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Jarviser said:
You can't sell Golly badges on ebay but decat manifolds are OK. How is that right.

Cmartino your car is illegal and uninsurable.
I have read on other car forums I've been on in the past that insurance companies do browse this type of forum. I certainly read it either on the Corsa D or SEAT forums, I can't remember which.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see the modification police are out again prowling the forum. I'm pretty sure Cmartino knows that his car Isn't legally insured but we don't need to see every modification thread getting spammed about how there cars aren't legal, and are uninsured. People post on here because they are car enthusiasts and enjoy modifying there car and if they decided to illegally do mods to their cars then that's up to them. We don't need to read judgmental comments everytime someone decides to show off there pride and joy. If your unhappy about it then click the back button and keep your critisism to yourself.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You dont need to respond either, but if you want to discuss these mods you have a duty to remind other readers that what youvare doing is for off road only. If you dont, then I will. simples.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've had enough of this.

Removing a cat is a very serious offense and openly admitting to driving an uninsured car is not only stupid but shows a complete lack of regard to others.

Remove the posts or I will remove them for you. Any repeat of posts flaunting illegal behaviour will result in a ban!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone entering the modification section can clearly see from the sticky thread that the top of the page if they are unsure that you must declare any mods to insurance. I don't think that everytime I make a change to my car I have a duty to notify everyone that I have called my insurance to declare it. You were not clearly stating that cmartinos vxr is not for road use, you were trolling the thread hoping for a reaction so you can let everyone know yet again like on so many other threads of your opinions on mods.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mud4fun said:
I've had enough of this.

Removing a cat is a very serious offense and openly admitting to driving an uninsured car is not only stupid but shows a complete lack of regard to others.

Remove the posts or I will remove them for you. Any repeat of posts flaunting illegal behaviour will result in a ban!
Removing the cat is not a serious offence. Only driving on a road without one is. Nothing has been said about the Vxr being used on the road and simply stating that the car has been decatted is hardly flaunting illegal behaviour

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Excuse me Coidy92 but as a moderator I have every right to 'moderate' the threads. I have the wider audience of the forum to consider not just a handful of law breaking numpties.

I have also taken a note of the offending registration numbers so if you'd rather discuss with the police why you think you have a right to drive an uninsured car on the public road please continue to P off the moderator.......

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The rest of us law abiding motorists end up paying extra on our premiums due to uninsured drivers! My son is 22 and drives an unmodified 5dr Saxo. He drives sensibly, always has done. Yet, when he first passed his test his insurance cost more than it did to buy his car because all young male drivers (and now females too I believe) are tarred with the same brush.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mud4fun said:
Excuse me Coidy92 but as a moderator I have every right to 'moderate' the threads. I have the wider audience of the forum to consider not just a handful of law breaking numpties.

I have also taken a note of the offending registration numbers so if you'd rather discuss with the police why you think you have a right to drive an uninsured car on the public road please continue to P off the moderator.......
Mud4fun I understand as a moderator you have to "moderate" the forum and the post I made about trolling threads was not directed at you but at the people that made remarks about cars being illegally insured and looking for a reaction by as you put it 'Taking the P' then trying to justify it as notifying people that there car is unroadworthy.

As for notifying police about cars being uninsured then that's up to you as a moderator. My car is legally insured and has no illigal modifications and I do agree that people should consider the consciences if they do post comments on the legality of there car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Honestly what's all this fuss about? I used to be a member of the local all wheel drive club and a dozen other british forums where we discussed mods to suspension, engines, steering and what have you! Never had any of the moderators threaten members with giving Id's to the police... We all were mature enough to know what we were doing. If the mods are declared and the vehicle passes mot then it's legal, but I'm not expecting people to upload their mot certificate or insurance declaration...
My 2cent worth...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
ChrisB, by removing the cat the vehicle is illegal and therefore uninsured. If it crashes and causes injury to a 3rd party they will have a nightmare getting compensation from an uninsured driver. It is a very serious offense and uninsured drivers cost the rest of us law abiding drivers a fortune in increased premiums. This is on top of the tax fraud the driver is committing.

I have no issues with modifications and indeed my vehicles have far more genuine modifications than many of these so called 'modified' cars. The difference is that none of mine are illegal and all are declared.

The point here is that I already warned people before posting about such mods, to either refrain from doing so or to make it clear within the post that it was not legal. It seems that some people are unwilling to do either. I don't consider it alot to ask.

This forum is not specifically a modified car forum and the nature of the car means that a large % of forum users will not be of the modified car mindset and could take offense at such blatant disregard for the law.

I have avoided stepping in with a firm hand before and allowed a certain leeway to new users etc but this was a repeated and deliberate disregard for the concerns expressed earlier and put in the sticky.

As for police action, if people are stupid enough to post about deliberate illegal mods , show disregard for other members of the general public AND post their reg numbers then quite frankly they deserve all they get. This is a public forum visible to millions of people. All it takes is one of them to take exception to the attitude of a member and they could report the post.

As a moderator I have to balance the needs of everybody. I have already had numerous complaints directly to me about certain posts from many different forum users I can't turn a blind eye.

If people don't like my moderation skills then I'll happily stand down and let somebody else deal with it instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts