Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I took delivery of a 1.4 Excite automatic on Thursday. I decided not to wait for the new reg. as my old car was showing its age and I need a reliable vehicle. It's Shiny Rock - silly name but nice colour. I'm very pleased so far, except that the park assist is annoying me (see technical section).

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Congrats! I ordered mine - a 5dr Energy (MY16) - 2 weeks ago and not even got a build slot yet. I also chose shiny rock so would love to see some photis of yours while I'm waiting! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice, not a fan of automatics but congratulations, mines falling to bits but only a month now!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Matthew said:
Nice, not a fan of automatics but congratulations, mines falling to bits but only a month now!
you can't beat an auto with cruise control for long distance motorway - just need to stay awake! brilliant for London traffic too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Matthew said:
you can't beat an auto with cruise control for long distance motorway - just need to stay awake! brilliant for London traffic too.
To be fair, CC with manual is not much different anymore. May have to occasionally change down or up a gear, but the CC in corsa stays active through gear shifts now!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Newowner said:
Hi there
I took delivery of a 1.4 Excite automatic on Thursday. I decided not to wait for the new reg. as my old car was showing its age and I need a reliable vehicle. It's Shiny Rock - silly name but nice colour. I'm very pleased so far, except that the park assist is annoying me (see technical section).
It would be nice to know how the 6 speed auto behaves, and if, like the D, you can get your left foot tangled up with the steering universal joint which is normally protected by the clutch pedal. Frightens me to death when I turn the wheel in my Corsa D and my trainer starts to move! (yes old gits wear trainers)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm disabled, hence the need for the vehicle change pretty sharpish and the automatic, of course. I've only ever driven autos but I must say that the new Corsa is the best I've had on first impressions. Very smooth gear changes and I like the little illuminated picture of a foot on a brake near the gear stick that reminds you to do that before coming out of park. I've yet to try the CC on the motorway. I bit the bullet and had a proper spare wheel + jack etc. included - no sign of the foam machine, thank heavens!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Newowner said:
I'm disabled, hence the need for the vehicle change pretty sharpish and the automatic, of course. I've only ever driven autos but I must say that the new Corsa is the best I've had on first impressions. Very smooth gear changes and I like the little illuminated picture of a foot on a brake near the gear stick that reminds you to do that before coming out of park. I've yet to try the CC on the motorway. I bit the bullet and had a proper spare wheel + jack etc. included - no sign of the foam machine, thank heavens!
Some have reported a little lag between 1st and 2nd, and between 3rd and 4th. It would be interesting to hear if this ever happens within your first few months.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Some have reported a little lag between 1st and 2nd, and between 3rd and 4th. It would be interesting to hear if this ever happens within your first few months.
think that was on queasytronic.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:
think that was on queasytronic.
Ah, that would make more sense!

PS: love queasytronic :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts