Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Corsa LE 1.4T on Tuesday last week and after already driving 800 miles in it, I'm in love! My aim is to try and get the car above 200 BHP. I'm just waiting for Parts to be delivered then can start my project. Ordered a Pipercross cone filter, JS Performance intake hose, Forge Recirc Valve, Airtec Intercooler (VXR), and some Eibach Lowering Springs (40mm front/30mm Rear. Then it's going to Cobra Sport for a Custom Exhaust System and to The Performance centre for a Stage1 and 2 Remap. Going to see where that gets the car and I'll take it from there. First part arrived today.
View attachment 30
All the pipe work going into the engine bay including silicon hoses and Intercooler will be blue. Will try and make Fitting guides as I go along for anyone wanting to do similar modifications.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble mate but the Intercooler doesn't work on it and 180bhp+ and the actuator starts to fail (mine already is) and the car simply doesn't accept the Forge actuator as hard as you try.

Inbox me if you want my mobile number to talk more about it as the performance centre designed the E's stage 1 & 2 maps on my car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried to inbox you but it wouldn't let me. I'm a little confused though as I thought you mentioned in another post that the if you want to fit the Airtec Intercooler the intercooler for the 1.4T pipe work doesn't fit or have the MAP Sensor but the VXR does. What do I need to get the Intercooler to fit on?

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's not the physical sensor that's the problem it's the flow rate, the turbo is slightly different to the previous Corsa D black edition meaning that it can't quite build up enough pressure to fill the airtec and you see a massive drop in power when you fit it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks. So is there any solution to fitting a Airtec Intercooler or can neither be fitted?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the parts have arrived in the post now and spent most of the weekend getting everything fitted.

Got the Pipercross Air filter fitted first. Good to finally hear that beasty Turbo. Can really here the blow off with this on aswel now. I've also got a new filter for sale. The same as I have fitted, somehow managed to order two by accident so if anyone is interested then PM me

View attachment 30
View attachment 30

Also fitted the Forge recirculating Valve. If anyone is deciding to fit one of these make sure you buy the recirculating valve and not the blow off valve as the MAF sensor on the intake has equated for the air going to the engine and if this is blow off to atmosphere by the valve then to much fuel will be added and your car will be running rich. Also be careful when re-fitting the 3 torx screws as these can be easily over-torqued. Just nip them up.

View attachment 30
View attachment 30

Spent most of the day today fitting the Eibach Sportline 40/30 Springs. These are pretty easy to fit with patience. Not much mechanical skill needed but if you get stuck, Grantz22 has put a great guide on how to fit.

View attachment 30
Hard to see how much it's been lowered by on the photo will try and get a better one when I get chance.

Now just got to fit the Airtec Intercooler which arrived today, After speaking with Cmartino on the phone about installation just gotta wait for some custom pipework to arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The filter is a Pipercross cone filter but since that photo was taken I have removed it as the Corsa E has forced induction via the cold feed pipe so when I put a cone filter on there was loads of heat soak and a reduction in power. If it's purely noise your after then it sounds great. Since then I've fitted a Pipercross panel filter.

Pipercross Cone filter (200x200) :

http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/search-by-car/vauxhall/corsa/corsa-d/air-filters/pipercross-200mm-x-200mm-x-70mm-rubber-neck-cone-filter-c0177-vauxhall-corsa-d-sri-1.6-turbo-2007/

Pipercross Panel Filter:

http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/search-by-car/vauxhall/corsa/corsa-d/air-filters/pipercross-panel-air-filter-vauxhall-corsa-d-1.4-16v-09-06/

JS Performance Air Intake:
http://www.gnjmotorsport.com/search-by-car/vauxhall/corsa/corsa-d/silicone-hoses/js-performance-vauxhall-corsa-d-1.4-turbo-black-edition-silicone-induction-hose

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered them from GNJ Motorsport. The links are above. Really good guys at GNJ, only a small business ran by two guys but will do anything to help you out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: So I've spent all of yesterday and most of today working on the car. I've finally fitted the Airtec Front mounted Intercooler onto the car and it wasn't as bad as I had first expected. Unlike the old Black edition and VXR, I didn't have to drill out any rivets, cut away any bits of bumper or remove any old brackets. First I had to remove two clips that attach the pipework to the stock Intercooler, then undo and remove all the stock Intercooler pipework. There's also a manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to remove. The Intercooler itself is held in place with two bolts and a push clip. The next job was to plumb in all the new piping and fix the Map sensor onto the new pipework. Once all the piping was in i just had to fit the Intercooler and measure the bracket holes against the crash bar. Once marked I drilled through with an 8mm drill bit and bought some M8 nut and bolts from halfords as the ones supplied are not long enough.
View attachment 30
View attachment 30
Once all the Intercooler has been fitted you need to pressure test it to 2bar of pressure. This is quite simple and can be made up with some pvc pipe, pipe ends, a tyre adapter and a tyre pump or compressor. After you've pressure tested and you tightenend any loose jubilee clips, your good to go.
View attachment 30

I've also fitted a bonnet strut to the car aswel. Vauxhall don't make one specific to the car but the Asta H bonnet strut fits fine.
View attachment 30 View attachment 30
Fitting one of these might not be for everyone though as I did have to drill a 8mm hole into the back casing of the headlight and I also had to cut a small amount of the scuttle panel away to make room for when the bonnet is closed.

Next step is to get it on for a stage 1 / 1.5 Remap.
Either going with The Performance Centre or Rabbid Remaps for this, not sure which yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I've got a few more bits going on with the car this week. Going to The Performance Centre tomorrow for a Stage 1 Remap. Also fitting some Bonnet vents from a Focus RS some point this week. Will put Dyno results and Pictures up when finished

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Coidy92 said:
Update: I've got a few more bits going on with the car this week. Going to The Performance Centre tomorrow for a Stage 1 Remap. Also fitting some Bonnet vents from a Focus RS some point this week. Will put Dyno results and Pictures up when finished
Those vents should be standard imo!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE: I've had the car into The performance Centre today for a stage 1 remap. Running the standard remap on the Dyno the car had a max of 107.1BHP. We then put a stage 1 remap on and the car was managing 141BHP no problem. We then decided that because the car had the Airtec Intercooler and Recirc valve we would run a stronger remap then the stage 1. So at Stage 1.5 and 5 Dyno runs later the car started to level of at around 152.7 but as the ECU was still learning from the remap it will have eventually settled around the 155BHP mark on the drive home.
View attachment 30
View attachment 30
As you can see from the graph there is a huge amount of extra power in the mid range peaking at 5200rpm and driving home it really showed it. Overtakes on the A roads were effortless, gear changes are smoother and the car just generally feels so much more alive. The Focus RS bonnet vents arrived today so should have them fitted in the next few days and I'm still weighing up my options for the exhaust system as I can't decide wether to just get a decat down-pipe or a full custom built turbo-back system before its back in for a stage 2 remap.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks amazing and I can't wait for mine to get done, I saw this photo a while back and it made me want to get the air vents and front splitter. I bet that front splitter would look great on white too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts