Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it's taken a bit longer to reach 2000 miles in the new motor than the first 1000 miles. But eh i'm still loving the 1.4t SRi... Having regular visits to this excellent forum i'm shocked to find so many of you are having quality problems or not liking certain things on the E.

Well like I said i've reached 2000 miles today by doing mixed driving ie motorway, A/B roads and very rural country lane's. I can report fuel economy is improving all the time. The driving experience is still as good when i picked her up on day one from Vision VX stafford.

I can't really moan about anything to be honest.. yes i've had the odd strange temp read out like some of you have reported, but went away within 10 minutes. The clutch pedal noise, i sorted myself thx to the forum.

I find the intellink system fine.. i've got a USB stick with all my music on it and it works excellent..so much better than CD's etc !! But the best part of the car is the ride / handling and the awesome 1.4t engine !! By far the best VX i've ever had and i've had a few !! I've got people at work with Seat ibiza's and Fiesta's interested in the SRi now...lol

I can't speak highly enough for the New Corsa 1.4T SRi .. The car is brilliant and does everything i expect it to do !!

Here's to the next 1000 miles and trouble free i hope :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I also have an Ibiza with the TSi engine, but after test driving the Corsa again today, mine felt heavy and slow when I got back in her, even the steering felt heavier. Since I am used to a small engine with a turbo it makes sense to go with the 1.4T in the Corsa. The Corsa is also a much better looking car - the Ibiza (mine is an 11 plate) is looking old and boring in comparison!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Steve, I wouldn't read too much into the reported problems on here. People generally don't complain when things are working so you end up with a skewed impression of reliability when looking at forums.

I've done 9K miles (in 4 months) in my 1.4T LE. The only fault was squeaky clutch pedal which I fixed myself. A/C is not as cold as previous pickup truck but is not a fault as such. Only thing I don't like is intellilink. There is much to admire, it looks great, has nice interior, lively performance, good handling, superb economy and has been very reliable so far. I love it. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ive done just over 5700 miles since mid February and have nothing bad to say about this car, i went for the 1.4n/a Limited Edition and love it. Much smoother to drive than my old corsa B and much better looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im on 4500 now and touch wood not had any problems with her yet. :D

The handling on my 1.4na LE is freaking awesome,I live in the country where the roads are full of twists and turns and some decent long straights.I left a merc slk 2005 reg on the corners the other day simply by not slowing down to my average cornering speed lol

I would love to get it lowered but my driveway is a bit steep as it is and iv got about 50mm clearance when im halfway over the topp of the driveway lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear it guys...Just had a good blast into Wales fully laden with passengers and returned a healthy 46mpg and I wasen't holding back... averaging 70-85 mph on the A5 and M54..The old man struggled to keep up with us in is Astra H 1.8 SRi ....lol .... God I love this car !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We have done about 4k miles now in ours. After the initial issue with an intercooler pipe which we had fixed, no real issues since, my partner has got used to the start/stop thing, she hasn't tried the cruse control yet.
Like others, we use a usb stick to play our music, which works ok, although it does turn itself on randomly.
But seems to drives ok, done a lot of motorway driving, haven't worked out how to change the display to show the mpg, but suspect it'll not be at peek yet, as it needs some time to bed in.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You can scroll through the various screens using the left hand stalk - check out the owner's manual. I looked it up online when I test drove the Corsa so I would know how to find the mpg screen as that was one thing I was interested in for both the mpg reading and the digital speedo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Use the left hand indicator stalk, pressmenu button in the middle of the stalk to switch between Tire pressures menu and trip/mpg menu, then scroll using the rotary switch at the edge of the stalk. Reset by the button at the end of the stalk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts