Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 plate 2015 Corsa E 1.0 Turbo. Its done 9250 miles and the Vauxhall dealer that sold me the car have contacted me to say its due for a 2nd year service, for which they want to charge £245. They tell me in addition to oil & filter change, they also replace the brake fluid. I cant find a 2nd year itemised service list and wondered if anyone knew where I can locate one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Still doesn't sound like £245 worth. I've booked it in to an AA and RAC listed garage for £105. I still don't trust they will change everything their supposed to. Not had much luck with garages over the years. You need to stand over them to make sure they do what they say they have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
elsid said:
I have a 65 plate 2015 Corsa E 1.0 Turbo. Its done 9250 miles and the Vauxhall dealer that sold me the car have contacted me to say its due for a 2nd year service, for which they want to charge £245. They tell me in addition to oil & filter change, they also replace the brake fluid. I cant find a 2nd year itemised service list and wondered if anyone knew where I can locate one.
I have just had a 40,000 2nd year service and they asked would I like the brake fluid changed plus the air con recharged and filter cleaned as these are advisory.

Their advice was its a good idea for the brake fluid to be changed. I had both extras done as I use the car for teaching.

When I bought the car I opted for the service plan at £17 per month which covers the Labour. I have had to increase it to £27 as I do approx 30,000 per year.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
DarrenKC53 said:
Brake Fluid Change
Engine Air Filter/Element
Engine Oil
Key Fob Battery
Oil Filter
Pollen Filter
Ring Seal
Spark Plugs
I had mine done earlier this year cost £220 inc optional brake fluid, oil, oil filter, plugs and the usually checks and upselling like "your brake pads are at 50% would you like them changing? It's only £150"

Looks like different dealers are including different things in their services. Surely Vauxhall dictate what should be done

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mcdriving, I'm guessing you had the brake fluid changed and air filter replaced. If your car has done 40000 miles, surely these should have been replaced as part of a main service anyway and not optional. I assume your air-con was not working properly so they recommended a recharge? And were these items included as part of your service plan or chargeable?

As Klesmy says, it's all about up-selling. Although if you are on one of their service plans, I would imagine the trick is for them to only suggest items need to be replaced rather than actually carrying out the recommended service. Its very confusing, which is why I continue to distrust all garages.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 2nd service is due soon and I begrudge paying £250 for what they actually do. I've called round 3 of my local Vauxhall dealerships and they're fixed on that price. Won't seem to budget at all! So is the brake fluid and plugs included in the £250 or are they chargeable extras that they 'recommend' having done? For most other makes/models those items would be at 3/4 year intervals you see and I think it's a bit of a waste for the plugs on my car given that it's done less than 10k.

I also saw someone post on here that they had their bill breakdown for the second service and they were charging £11 for the button batteries lol. Charge what they want!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Try owning a Land Rover......at £245 for a service I would bite a main dealers hand off!!!

In all seriousness, brake fluid will easily go 3 years, even 4, so tell them to stick it. Coolant will last 10 years, Aircon easily 5 if not longer, essentially all a service is is a visual inspection and oil and filter change., They don't call 'em Stealers for nothing ya know....😏

The big service on my Discovery 4 (6 years next year) will be circa £700 at an independent, £1100 at a Main Dealer to have the apprentice do half a job. Don't even get me started on the cost of a 10 year Main service, the price is eye-watering!!! So as a day to day runner, my lil' Corsa 1.4T is as cheap as chips to run and maintain!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Always recommended to change brake fluid every two years. Yeah you can string it out but is it worth it

Got a three year service plan with VX at £13 a month always worth asking see what you can get

·
Registered
393 Posts
hydraulic brakes were invented before nitrile synthetic rubber so brake fluid is not an oil and absorbs water. So eventually the calipers rust from the inside if you dont change it.

Thing is/ how can you prove they did it? The bleed nipples and covers should be clean and/or wet from vacuuming it through. Just get a bloke to crawl under it and look!
Not proof but an indication.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to work for a vauxhall dealer, A 2nd year service is definitely no changing of spark plugs, that a 4th service. So it's usually oil and filter change, key fob battery, pollen filter and usually they charge more for a brake fluid change, and a general check over of the car, if unsure ring your dealer up and ask them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts