Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a couple of members with MY16 cars with speedos with increments of 10mph and now showing 30, 50, 70 etc. Do you think if enough of us with the old speedo kicked up enough of a fuss with Vauxhall we could get them to change the speedos in our cars to the new one? Or am I kidding myself on.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Probably just kidding yourself.

Though I reckon it wouldn't be too hard or expensive for them to fit it for you!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
Probably just kidding yourself.

Though I reckon it wouldn't be too hard or expensive for them to fit it for you!
These instrument binnacles are mega money, not sure how much E ones are but when I had the Astra H I looked into getting some VXR ones with needle sweep, nicer dial card, white rather than amber lighting etc and it was several hundred pounds for the part alone.

TBH it doesn't really bother me as I never look at the dial now due to the digital speedo but I just want the latest one and now I've seen others have got a better dial than me I feel like I'm missing out, that and the fact if the speedo was like the new one I could have my MFTC set to something other than the digital speedo all the time, like my average mpg readout, or trip mileage and range of fuel remaining screen.

See also passenger sunvisor with mirror :lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I liked the digital speedo but didn't find it too much of a problem reading the normal speedo either really as I wanted to see the mpg screen instead. I got used to it pretty quickly so I wasn't put off that my new car may have had the same speedo. Now I've seen the new one (that should be in my car) I do prefer it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hendry said:
After seeing a couple of members with MY16 cars with speedos with increments of 10mph and now showing 30, 50, 70 etc. Do you think if enough of us with the old speedo kicked up enough of a fuss with Vauxhall we could get them to change the speedos in our cars to the new one? Or am I kidding myself on.
For free? No way. Think of maybe £400. Just a guess but the airbag unit on my D was £790

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.