Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks the first 6 months of ownership with the Corsa 1.4T SRi 5 door. I've just hit 4000 fault free miles. Having owned alot of Vauxhalls in the past, this Corsa E is by far the best Vauxhall I've owned.

Like i've said in previous reports this car gets better the more it get's driven and wears in. The engine / gearbox is superb, the 6 speed box is really the best gearbox to be put in Vauxhall to date. The engine performance, noise and M.P.G is far better than i expected. Also the brakes on this Corsa are excellent. My 2011 Corsa SXi's were bloody noisy and poor at braking performance, so i'm well happy with the Corsa E's braking performance.

Looking at the outside, the car looks awesome and when the sun sets the SRi looks excellent with its welcome lighting activated when you press the open button on the remote. The only minus point is the wheels. The black alloys look nice when clean, but are B*****d to clean and look crap when dirty.

Inside the interior is a fantastic place to be, more so at night. The red ambient lighting and the added LED lighting i've added makes the interior look awesome. Also the black back ground with red text on the intellink system is much more preferred.

To date I've had no major niggles unlike some of you. OK i had the noisy clutch pedal (fixed myself) funny temp readings on the intelilink once. TPMS funny warning when my tyres were on ECO setting, but that cleared itself. I'm totally satisfied with the car when it comes to quality and price. I'm not the person to go and find fault with something or find a rattle or a squeak. Its a Vauxhall not VW/Audi or some other up market brand which costs the earth. Vauxhall have done a excellent job with the Corsa and looking at the New Astra it looks like Vauxhall are on the up !!! Astra next car maybe ???

Lets here some more positive posts.. getting a little fed up with negative posts on here !! It's a Vauxhall not a Merc / BMW :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing really that special. Just changed the interior lights to white LED bulbs like alot of people have done on here.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
stevewolves said:
Looking at the outside, the car looks awesome and when the sun sets the SRi looks excellent with its welcome lighting activated when you press the open button on the remote. The only minus point is the wheels. The black alloys look nice when clean, but are B*****d to clean and look crap when dirty.

Inside the interior is a fantastic place to be, more so at night. The red ambient lighting and the added LED lighting i've added makes the interior look awesome. Also the black back ground with red text on the intellink system is much more preferred.
I set up my welcome lighting yesterday and I love it! I saw an Astra that had it enabled in a car park on Monday night and thought it looks really good! Tried it last night and it's lovely in the dark! I also prefer the dark/night screen but not had any problems with the brightness of the white one either, possibly due to the fact that I have my seat further forward than most of you guys so it's at a different angle for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good to hear some good reports for a change, Early days for my 5 door SRI but absolutely no grumbles, Also agree with the SXI comment, my previous also and like you say was very noisy. Mine also loved fuel, very bad on MPG. The corsa E is a big improvement

1 - 7 of 7 Posts