Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a look at the Sting R and I quite like the look of the Sting R flat bottom steering wheel and VX Line gear stick (Pic found online). I'm thinking of getting them fitted to my Limited Edition, but would it be worthwhile?

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would liked to have seen the flat bottomed steering wheel come as standard on the limited edition and I would much prefer that cd head unit instead of the crappy intellilink

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have in on my car and i must say i have driven with both of the steering wheels and the leather one flat at the bottom is way much better than the regular wheel if its not that expensive i do recommend it.
as for the gear box handle it's a bit on the big side but once u get used to it it's great aswell

·
Registered
961 Posts
Definitely worthwhile, but only if you can get one 2nd hand, I reckon its about £400+ for the steering wheel new, and about £150+ for the gear lever.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That was one of the main reasons for me picking the sting r I thought it looked better and 1ltr turbo engine is enough for me for work.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I believe that to make the decision you would need to tell us the cost of the replacement steering wheel and fitting, if you are not going to fit it yourself.

Yes it looks nice but if it was over £400 for it then I personally would not think it would be a worthwhile modification. I would rather save the money and put it towards my next car.

I do not know how much a second hand one would go for at this moment in time but I would speculate it would be quite expensive. If you could get one for £150 (I would think it would be more expensive due to their rarity) and fit it yourself then be able to put it back to standard and sell the wheel in a few years time when getting rid of your car then it might be worthwhile as Hendry said.

It is up to the individual and if you do not mind spending the money on having a slightly better looking steering wheel (I think the normal steering wheel looks great anyway) then that's fine.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
to get a second hand one could be quite difficult owing to the fact from a breakers the air bag would probably have been deployed, then there is all the controls that would need to be the same, a wheel from a corsa D looks different

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Am I the only one to not like the flat bottom wheel?? :?: :oops:

The VXR I drove had one and it felt odd to use. I prefer my steering wheel to be round. The Corsa is a shopping car not an F1 car or a games console. ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:

The VXR I drove had one and it felt odd to use. I prefer my steering wheel to be round. The Corsa is a shopping car not an F1 car or a games console. ;-)
I'm with you. I don't see why it's so appealing... Find them ugly and pointless tbh

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:

I'm not really fussed on the flat bottom bit either tbh, I like it for being a bit thicker and chunkier than the standard wheel and for the perforated leather on the sides, much nicer to hold than the standard one.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
mud4fun said:

I'm not really fussed on the flat bottom bit either tbh, I like it for being a bit thicker and chunkier than the standard wheel and for the perforated leather on the sides, much nicer to hold than the standard one.
My leather one has that anyway...

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
mud4fun said:

My leather one has that anyway...
What the little dimples/holes in the leather? All the Corsas I looked at other than Sting R and now VXR just had "smooth" leather :S

1 - 14 of 14 Posts