Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if all goes to plan I will be purchasing a brand new Corsa Limited Edition on Monday! I am doing it through Arnold Clark as they have an insanely good deal on. It will be my first actual car as the one I already had, died.

I am currently in the dilemma of whether to get it in the Silver or the Grey.

I am also looking to add slight after-market parts if possible (unsure as it is on finance).

If anyone has any advice etc. It would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can mod after-market parts but you won't be covered on warranty on them parts and any problems with the car that the aftermarket parts have caused. You will need to inform insurance too depending on what mods they are.

What is the insanely good deal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured, I don't think I'll go anything stupid. One problem I may want to get rid of is the Intellilink, everything I have read up on it has been appalling!

I looked at several new cars, from Polo to DS3, each was around £2,000 deposit with £200-£250 monthly payments.

Was quoted on a 1.4 with a £199 deposit and £165ish /month.

Insurance was also cheaper on the Corsa so that's a bonus ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
That is a good deal I've got the 1.4 T LE and I pay £187 a month over 5 years at 0% and that's with the 4.5k taken off from my old car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I knew it was a good deal, when I last asked it was 199 down from 799 deposit. May have changed since the last time I rang.

I doubt it would have gone back up so I may even get it cheaper. Also Arnold Clark did a deal last year that had a years insurance for £99, if they do something like this again it would just be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's not bad, I pay £200 for my 1.4 LE with tyres, alloys replacements/refurbs and 'GAP' insurance, also got insurance thrown in for that so I can't really complain :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
dstowe said:
Figured, I don't think I'll go anything stupid. One problem I may want to get rid of is the Intellilink, everything I have read up on it has been appalling!

I looked at several new cars, from Polo to DS3, each was around £2,000 deposit with £200-£250 monthly payments.

Was quoted on a 1.4 with a £199 deposit and £165ish /month.

Insurance was also cheaper on the Corsa so that's a bonus ;)
Is that PCP or finance/HP? I got mine from Arnold Clark (1.4 n/a SRi 3 door, metallic paint, 2 years servicing at £279, no options) on HP and it was £11,045 compared with list price of £12,665 and it cost me £1650 deposit and £235 per month for 47months and final payment of £535 so that sounds like a PCP deal.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
dstowe said:
I am currently in the dilemma of whether to get it in the Silver or the Grey.
There are members on here with the silver and asteroid grey. Asteroid looks more brown in certain lights and is quite dark. I went with shiny rock and absolutely love it! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah shiny rock is the colour of the one I test drove, the silver is really nice though, someone that works at the top of my street has one, the colour contrast is really nice. By grey i meant shiny rock ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I remember the car I was quoted on was not standard model, there were several added extras in with it, I may be wrong though.

I go on Monday (My 18th) to hopefully sort everything out.

Been waiting for like 2 months.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah, if it was the demonstrator LE they probably had winter pack fitted and possibly one of the technical packs, sight & light pack or parking sensors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't have the sensors but that's something I'd definitely look at investing in, parking is intimidating.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
:lol: I've been parking for 25 years so its second nature! Have a look at the thread I posted about my driveway - precision parking required!! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ill take a look :D

Would you recommend going for a turbo if they have one? I don't know how much extra it would be but turbo is always nice ;)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I tried the 1.4n/a as well as the 1.4T and where I live is quite hilly in places so I wanted that extra bit of oomph. I think had I chosen the non turbo I would have always wished I had gone for the turbo after all. It's a very nice drive with slick 6 speed gearbox. Slips effortlessly between gears too. Had mine a week now and it's taken a bit of getting used to as the 6 sped drives differently to the 1.2tsi that was in the Ibiza that I had before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The insurance on a 1.4T was only £50 more, it all depends what they have there and then unfortunately.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd have gone for the 1.4T if the £/ppm wasn't as expensive. I couldn't justify any more than I needed paying seen as I'm saving for a house etc but the test drive one probably did have heated wheel/seat and I got sensors (rear) thrown in on mine free, they're alright I guess... seen as they're free I can't complain!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts