Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If AFL is the Auto lights, then no. The LE gets stripped of basically all gadgetry in place of the body kit.

As stated above, the Sight and Light pack is what gives the auto lights, and auto rain wipers. Most models come with it as standard, but LE doesn't.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
If AFL is the Auto lights, then no. The LE gets stripped of basically all useless gadgetry in place of the sexy bodykit, superior sports chassis and improved steering feel.
Limey, I have corrected your comment as I think you meant to say this :mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
If AFL is the Auto lights, then no. The LE gets stripped of basically all useless gadgetry in place of the sexy bodykit, superior sports chassis and improved steering feel.
That's right :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
AFL is adaptive forward lighting so basically xenon's with cornering function, it is not simply auto headlights, however I don't think you can spec the AFL option unless you buy a trim with auto lights/sight and light pack on it or spec that as an option first.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
the one thing i find a bad idea, is that when you switch off the ignition with the lights on they all go off. i feel it could be very dangerous, if you pulled over at night on a motorway lay by or country lane in an emergency
But all new Vauxhalls seem to do it, i did speak to my dealer and they don't think its an issue they just said that all you have to do is to turn of the car, turn off the lights and back on again. but in that second the car is is in complete darkness,

and also with the dash lit up all the time and daytime running lights I've seen loads of new cars at night forgetting to turn their lights on

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
:lol: can't comment on the chassis, but can agree elsewhere! Though I still think the LE should have sight and light pack, bit of a con to take that out when the car costs so much!

hendry said:
AFL is adaptive forward lighting so basically xenon's with cornering function, it is not simply auto headlights, however I don't think you can spec the AFL option unless you buy a trim with auto lights/sight and light pack on it or spec that as an option first.
I think The cornering lights are part of the tech 2 pack, not entirely sure though.

anthony said:
the one thing i find a bad idea, is that when you switch off the ignition with the lights on they all go off. i feel it could be very dangerous, if you pulled over at night on a motorway lay by or country lane in an emergency
But all new Vauxhalls seem to do it, i did speak to my dealer and they don't think its an issue they just said that all you have to do is to turn of the car, turn off the lights and back on again. but in that second the car is is in complete darkness,

and also with the dash lit up all the time and daytime running lights I've seen loads of new cars at night forgetting to turn their lights on
You've also got parking lights if you're that bothered :)

When I turn off my ignition I just hit my unlock button on my fob and my lights will stay on for a little while (when it's dark). Guessing that is only part of the sight and light pack though?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Adaptive Forward Lighting, the headlights turn with the steering. Expensive option, as Richeyrichm said
How much expensive are they over there?

When I ordered mine, AFL/Xenon lights were not (and still are not) offered, not even as an optional extra, but I insisted on having them. The dealer checked with Opel de and came back to me saying its possible for €450 (roughly £330) well worth the price imo.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It's all down to what you need for your environment. if I go very fast in a dark twisty road I have a gadget in the passenger seat shouting "FFS SLOW DOWN!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
It's all down to what you need for your environment. if I go very fast in a dark twisty road I have a gadget in the passenger seat shouting "FFS SLOW DOWN!
I think I've heard of that gadget, the W.I.F.E right? :lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Jarviser said:
I think I've heard of that gadget, the W.I.F.E right? :lol:
yep, apparently get a new one for a year for free with OnStar.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jarviser said:
:mrgreen:

yep, apparently get a new one for a year for free with OnStar.
I've got enough trouble with my Sat Nav getting into a strop when I ignore her, don't want another female in the car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think I've seen the option for Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) anywhere for the Corsa E. I've had it on a corsa d - likes others have said, it sweeps the beam in the direction you're turning as you turn.

The only lighting option ive seen for the E is Bi-xenon headlights. Ive ordered them on my E, but when I ordered they were only available on certain trims - LE, SE and I think SRI Vx-line.

I'm looking forward to using them when I get my car in a couple of months. Perfect time for them, going into winter

AP

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Corsa_AP said:
I don't think I've seen the option for Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) anywhere for the Corsa E. I've had it on a corsa d - likes others have said, it sweeps the beam in the direction you're turning as you turn.

The only lighting option ive seen for the E is Bi-xenon headlights. Ive ordered them on my E, but when I ordered they were only available on certain trims - LE, SE and I think SRI Vx-line.

I'm looking forward to using them when I get my car in a couple of months. Perfect time for them, going into winter

AP
It's not called AFL with VX, that's why. It's just cornering lights or something like that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Corsa_AP said:

AP
It's not called AFL with VX, that's why. It's just cornering lights or something like that.
Limey, AFL and cornering lights are two separate things. Vauxhall do call it AFL, cornering lights are different. I've had AFL on a corsa d.

AFL are different headlights, that actually turn the direction of the beam pattern from the dipped beam left and right, as you turn. As you're driving along say a long sweeping left hand turn, both of the headlights turn towards the left, illuminating the road instead ofw what'sjust straight a head.

Where as Cornering lights are additional lights located in the foglights (or could well just be the foglights) that turn on when you turn/indicate to turn. When your at a junction to turn left, what looks like the left fog light turns on to illuminate the left more.

AP

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Corsa_AP said:
LimeyUK said:
Corsa_AP said:

AP
Limey, AFL and cornering lights are two separate things. Vauxhall do call it AFL, cornering lights are different. I've had AFL on a corsa d.

AFL are different headlights, that actually turn the direction of the beam pattern from the dipped beam left and right, as you turn. As you're driving along say a long sweeping left hand turn, both of the headlights turn towards the left, illuminating the road instead ofw what'sjust straight a head.

Where as Cornering lights are additional lights located in the foglights (or could well just be the foglights) that turn on when you turn/indicate to turn. When your at a junction to turn left, what looks like the left fog light turns on to illuminate the left more.

AP
No, the 'cornering lights' turn as you turn, and light up the corner you are going into - they are AFL but VX call them otherwise. This is what I was told by my dealer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts