Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the feeling there is no alarm fitted to my Excite as the LED status light is not flashing. The instruction book seems indicate there is one, or else mine is faulty! Any ideas as mine is parked in the street all the time!

·
Registered
179 Posts
No e has an alarm as standard .iirc it is only on option on the vxr

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Looking at the MY16 brochure posted on another thread, it would appear that an alarm is an option on all trim levels.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Correct, only available as standard on VXR and not previously available as an option on any other spec, but now it's a £250 option across the rest of the range for MY16, I'm hoping that like older VXs it will be available to buy as a dealer fit accessory.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
Correct, only available as standard on VXR and not previously available as an option on any other spec, but now it's a £250 option across the rest of the range for MY16, I'm hoping that like older VXs it will be available to buy as a dealer fit accessory.
Can get a cobra alarm fitted to work with key fob for less.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
Can get a cobra alarm fitted to work with key fob for less.
I'm OCD like that though, its all about being OEM and looking factory fit for me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hang on a minute, so there isn't an alarm fitted? What??? What sort of mockery is this, I never got told or mentioned about this?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Matthew said:
Hang on a minute, so there isn't an alarm fitted? What??? What sort of mockery is this, I never got told or mentioned about this?
You did know! On another post i remember you saying you were going to get an alarm fitted when you car arrives.

·
Registered
455 Posts
LeachiE said:
Matthew said:
You did know! On another post i remember you saying you were going to get an alarm fitted when you car arrives.
Come to think of it I think I remember hat, but still the heat from this holiday must've got to me. Although I do think it's abismal to sell a car without an alarm. Is it only a thatcham 2? Mightaswell just ask the dealer to fit it or state that they didn't inform me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Matthew said:
LeachiE said:
Matthew said:
Come to think of it I think I remember hat, but still the heat from this holiday must've got to me. Although I do think it's abismal to sell a car without an alarm. Is it only a thatcham 2? Mightaswell just ask the dealer to fit it or state that they didn't inform me.
Yeah the factory immobiliser makes it meet Thatcham cat 2 standard, the alarm would make it up to cat 1.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What are thee main differences without googling as the free wifi in France isn't fabulous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts