Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to my car and because it was cleaned a day or so ago it's pretty much spotless but noticed that there's fingerprints all over the passenger window and around the door handle, just Abit suspicious that someone has had a look and tried to get into it overnight, so wondering the best alarm to get fitted to it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Cobra alarms are great - you can get them fitted and they will work with your key fob.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Cobra alarms are great - you can get them fitted and they will work with your key fob.
thats what i have not saying it would stop them taking it but hopefully if it went off they would move on.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
LimeyUK said:
thats what i have not saying it would stop them taking it but hopefully if it went off they would move on.
Well it's just like any alarm really ;). The immobiliser is what should stop them getting away with the car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Anthony, how much did that cost - I'm wondering where they'll do them or whether I could take it back to Vauxhall one Friday and ask them to put one in it while I'm at work and walk along to the garage to pick it up later.

I'm quite intrigued for the reason people should be put off taking the new ones cause OnStar should be able to track the car and disable the ignition.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i had mine fitted by the dealer when i 1st ordered it. i think it was about £260 fitted, they got a local alarm company they use to fit it, and it was added in to the finance, which i got interest free

·
Registered
455 Posts
anthony said:
i had mine fitted by the dealer when i 1st ordered it. i think it was about £260 fitted, they got a local alarm company they use to fit it, and it was added in to the finance, which i got interest free
Hmmm, May just have them do it after and pay it upfront or I'd try do it myself and fail miserably! I could always just leave it but like said it worries me it doesn't go off or anything when someone's messing around with the car, I don't know if its common to have no alarm in newer cars but I don't know if the likes of the Ford Ka have one seen as they're smaller/cheaper than the Corsa.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Most hatchbacks don't have alarms, just immobilisers - mainly because they're either not worth adding one in, or because they're lower risk cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts