Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received my corsa limited edition and was told by the dealer that there is an alarm in it. However, when I lock the car the sensor on the dash does not light up like it states in the owners guide.

My questions are does the car have an alarm and how do I know that it is activated and working?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If you lock the car in the dark you'll see a small red light on the dashboard, it remains visible for about 20 seconds. However I'm not sure it is an alarm. I thought it was just the immobiliser.

G

·
The only Corsa E to be fitted with the alarm system stated in the handbook will be the VXR. All other E's only have electronic dead locking and immobiliser.

^^^^as hendry said :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
XzinkX said:
anthony said:
I had one fitted by my dealer at a cost
Did they fit an aftermarket one or was it the offical Corsa one that the VXR is getting?
it was a cobra alarm not the vxr one
Didn't realise the VXR system was Cobra alarm, Vauxhall used to always use Meta systems ones, is there any obvious telltales an alarm is fitted like additional red LEDs, interior/ultrasonic sensors etc? Or is the only give away the car has an alarm when the siren sounds? And did you get the certificate for the thatcham cat 1 insurance approval?

Clifford do a canbus compatible thatcham cat 2 (what the Corsa has as standard with the remote central deadlocking and engine deadlock immobiliser) to cat 1 upgrade (basically adds an alarm on to factory security features) which can do window closure (which Corsa now don't have) but its quite pricey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.