Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought I would have a look at how the alloy wheels come off my limited edition. being a man I used the handbook after the event. I could not work out how you get the centre caps off, so on page 212 of the handbook it shows a handy little tool. Checked in the boot where the pump and sealing gel is no tool!! so I'm thinking maybe you only get the tool if you have a spare, which is ok but if I take my car to a tyre shop to get a puncher fixed how many will get broken trying to remove without the correct tool. so just emailed VX customer services to see about this.
or is it only my car without the tool? can somebody please check to see if you have one :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just had this reply from VX
The mall tool to remove the centre cap on the wheels only comes with the vehicle if it has a spare tyre from factory not a tyre repair kit. If you have a puncture the tyre repair shop will be able to remove the centre cap without the special tool.
If you require any further help I can be contacted by return email or on 0800 026 0034 quoting the above service request number.
Yours sincerely
Sean Lyons

Customer Service Manager

Vauxhall Customer Care

I still believe this tool should be in the car at a cost of probably penny's, I have replied to see if these tools can be purchased

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks Anthony. It isn't just the tyre fitters. I need one because I swap my winters/summers on and off myself. Mind you it looks like a bit of bent wire. I may just make one myself if they don't sell the tool.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to vauxhall and they advised me to get one from the parts department, then I looked on the old eBay and found one for 2squid. If it fits and works I'll post a picture when it arrives

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks for the photo Anthony, useful. I think I have one of those in the shed somewhere but from a Peugeot. I'll try and find it while trying to find the jack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.