Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys picked my brand new corsa LE up yesterday and love it so far great car!
Only niggle is i noticed the front bumper is u even around the headlamps a slight bit with a gap on one side and not on the other....im a bit ocd about this stuf haha ...could people check theirs and see if its the same cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
not really noticed it on mine,i've had it quite a few months now and washed and polished a lot, the wife out in the car at the moment so i'll have a look in the morning

·
Registered
961 Posts
No mate you are not being picky, you have a right to expect the car to be flawless considering its brand new and I wouldn't be too happy with that either, I'd be taking it back to the dealer and insisting they sort it out.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
When I got my current car (SEAT Ibiza), my brother came with me and he had with him several pages of print out of the things that the car should have and things to check. He went over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb before we left the dealership. We spotted that the 'I' on the TSI badging on the front wing was wonky so the guy from the bodyshop came straight out, took it off and stuck it back on properly!

·
Registered
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
When I got my current car (SEAT Ibiza), my brother came with me and he had with him several pages of print out of the things that the car should have and things to check. He went over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb before we left the dealership. We spotted that the 'I' on the TSI badging on the front wing was wonky so the guy from the bodyshop came straight out, took it off and stuck it back on properly!
That's what I did too, round it with a fine tooth comb with my dad and my partner, checked for damage, scratches, all handbooks, paperwork, PDI stamp in service book, spare keys etc and found the service record for PDI totally wrong so insisted on a new one being supplied, rear number plate was squinty and the film not stuck down properly at one part causing water damage, made sure all features worked etc. And although it took a couple of weeks of constantly chasing up the hopeless salesman for new plates and new service booklet which soured getting the car and my excitement I am glad I did check it thoroughly because had I not noticed at collection I would probably have been palmed off with excuses and it would never have been sorted, the dealership seemed then type who would wash their hands of any issues like damage or literature or paperwork and blame them on you either causing the damage yourself or for not noticing at the time and tell you it was tough luck nothing could be done now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys its sort of catch 22..if i take it back and complain to the dealership some monkey will be ripping the bumper off to sort it out and probably end up worse of haha.
Strange how it could be wonkey as all clips and screws ide presume could only bolt up one way.
Doesnt obviously affect how much i love the car its just abit annoying as i notice it now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to go into vauxhall after work and mention the bumper alignment. It may be nothing to someone but its really bugging me especially when others ive seen are perfect. See how it goes...cant really see them doing anything about it

·
Registered
961 Posts
Did you ever get this sorted, I never noticed before but my dad came in this morning and said there's a bigger gap one side between my bonnet and wing than there is at the other, I've got the same uneven gap between the headlight and bumper that you have only mines is around the full headlamp, not just the bit that curves down, and where the bonnet meets the bumper at the inside of the headlights one side is perfect the other the bonnet doesn't meet the bumper flush.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had exactly the same flush on one side and a nice big gap on the other side so I took it back and vx realigned it no problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was washing the car one day and just thought it must not be clipped in correct...gave a firm hard press on the corner where it wasnt sat flush and it clicked into place...looks near as perfect now

·
Registered
961 Posts
I went to the Vauxhall dealership I bought my car from earlier and went round every single Corsa E on their site, mixed results, some Corsas were perfect/not noticeable, some were just as bad as mine and others were truly awful, could fit fingertip between light and bumper at one side but not at the other, some the headlight was obviously sat very proud of the bonnet height wise, just no consistency at all, and this was on about 25 brand new Es.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Exactly what mine looked like and before I got them to realign the bumper I noticed the chrome effect surrounds had a bit of play in them so I had them replaced too some might say I was being picky with that

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is the E built in the same factories as the D?

Might have moved production for cheaper costs which usually means inferior build quality.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Still Eisenach Germany for some 3-door and Zaragoza Spain for 3 and 5-door, as far as I know. Both premium "Western Europe" plants. But wherever, all they have to do is put them together as per the instructions, and there's a lot of modular subassemblies from elsewhere, like engine/gearbox unit. The bodies are welded and painted by robots anyway.

One of the VIN digits tells you which plant but I can't find a reliable/official decoder anywhere.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's either the 6th digit or the 11th digit, but wouldn't be able to say what number is where :lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
shepherd88 said:
Cheers guys its sort of catch 22..if i take it back and complain to the dealership some monkey will be ripping the bumper off to sort it out and probably end up worse of haha.
Strange how it could be wonkey as all clips and screws ide presume could only bolt up one way.
Doesnt obviously affect how much i love the car its just abit annoying as i notice it now.
The gap between my bonnet and bumper/grille unit is wider at one end. Realignment should be easy as there are torx screws all along the top of the unit but that one is at the limit of the slot so it needs filing longer - one day.
it also has scars of multiple adjustment positions during its few weeks of life.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts