Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a LE, and ive heard that in the excite models Ambient Lighting comes as standard.

I was wondering if the Looms remain in place so its easy to attach?

I have added ambient lighting to the footwells via cigarette lighter but would love the lights they have in excite as standard insted!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have the MY16 Energy (was Excite) and the ambient lighting is a red led(?) on the underside of the rear view mirror. I have sight & light pack as standard so it's built in. Trim levels without the s&l pack have different rear view mirrors I believe. Mine has auto dimming too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The ambient lighting is part of the electro-chromatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror - so no, you can't add it unless you change that.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
i'v had my car since March and i only noticed the red light under the mirror the other day :oops: i have the anti dazzle mirror but no S&L pack, only tech pack 2
Yea it comes with any tech pack - it's why i said its part of the ECAD mirror.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
anthony said:
i'v had my car since March and i only noticed the red light under the mirror the other day :oops: i have the anti dazzle mirror but no S&L pack, only tech pack 2
I realised I had it by accident. I was sat in there the other evening in the dark fiddling with the radio stations and noticed the red glow on the trim around the gear stick base!

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
The ambient lighting is part of the electro-chromatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror - so no, you can't add it unless you change that.
Bear in mind the SRi and possibly also the SE have additional ambient lights in the front door pockets and above the front cupholders, USB, aux and 12v socket area, it might be possible to add these without changing anything, I know on some specs of Astra H and J that didn't have them still had the wiring so you just made holes and bought the light units and plugged them in, the Corsa might be the same, I know the LE at least has a hole in the centre console where my ambient light shines through on my SRi.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Bear in mind the SRi and possibly also the SE have additional ambient lights in the front door pockets and above the front cupholders, USB, aux and 12v socket area, it might be possible to add these without changing anything, I know on some specs of Astra H and J that didn't have them still had the wiring so you just made holes and bought the light units and plugged them in, the Corsa might be the same, I know the LE at least has a hole in the centre console where my ambient light shines through on my SRi.
Aren't they classed as something like 'extended ambient lighting'?

Otherwise, technically the red light on the SRi and Excite isn't Ambient lighting... :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Aren't they classed as something like 'extended ambient lighting'?

Otherwise, technically the red light on the SRi and Excite isn't Ambient lighting... :lol:
I have no idea mate, I just know the ambient lighting on my SRi encompasses the light on the mirror as well as the door pocket and console ones.

I know when I had my Astra H with ones in the doors (Design spec so standard) that those with SRis and so on just had to buy the light units, remove the blanking plate in the door card and plug it in, so was thinking the Corsa may be the same (lower spec Astras like Life, Club and SXi didn't have the wiring for the lights though)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had my SRi for two weeks now, and one thing I have noticed is that the door pockets don't light up red/ there is no light inside them? When I had the courtesy car for a couple of days (Vx - line) spec, this model had the red lights in the door pockets and looked very good night time. I have the auto dimming mirror and red light under it (ambient lighting) or whatever it is.... But reading from your posts, should I have the red lights as standard in my door pockets? Looked extremely cool on the other car I had. Really would like them on mine!!!

Please help, Cheers!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts