Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another E breaking if anyones interested for parts as this one looks largely intact and a decent spec for pilfering parts from: I'd even go so far as to say that going by the lack of number plates, how clean it is, the cellophane over the rest lights and rear wiper and the label still on the NSR quarter window that it might be a brand new/unused/delivery mileage car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Vauxhall-Corsa-NEARSIDE-HEADLIGHT-PASSENGER-HEADLAMP-N-S-BREAKING-/151775041063?hash=item23567f5627

·
Registered
455 Posts
That one looks completely fine with wrapped headlights etc as if it had just came out the factory, eh? It still has the eco friendliness sticker on the window. Ah until the last picture.. that'll be why. Looks like its been parked as to be delivered and someone's crashed into it while it was being unloaded?

·
Registered
227 Posts
yes looks brand new, look at the interior chrome handle - still covered in plastic!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Someone's in trouble. Wouldnt mind a spoiler though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The LE looks really good in that colour! Poor car though. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wonder why its a write off tho, you don't write off a new car for a wing, a door and a bumper

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
ChrisB said:
I wonder why its a write off tho, you don't write off a new car for a wing, a door and a bumper
Shell/Chassis must be twisted - I've noticed the Corsa has very poor structural rigidity, I was parked up on a local green lane on a slight bank and I found my drivers door wouldn't shut as the shell had twisted so much! I had to drive onto the flat before I could shut the door. In comparison my Land Rover would be totally immune to such a small amount of twist. I doubt we'll be seeing a cabriolet version of the E unless they weld in some serious amount of metal in the floorpan! ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
The wheel arch is usually a major factor in write-off's. Damage that, and you usually cause so much more damage further in that it's pointless to repair it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Strange country you live in... :?

Last summer I had my Astra G sideswiped by a VW Tuareg. Damage: front and rear wings, and two doors - Changed one door and repaired the rest and while at it I had a full respray. Result: car looks brand new, drives and handles as it should - total expense €1650 from my pocket for the respray, €1300 for the insurance for parts and bodywork.

Locally that car would be on the road in no time.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I doubt it would be. As Mud said, it's likely got severe structural damage - damage to the wheel arch can also trigger that on any car. No matter the country, structural damage is a write off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Must be more that what we can see on the photos, bec as I said before the damage there is on the photo is totally repairable, front wheel arch easily repaired or replaced its not a structural part and no way will anyone write off a car for that. The rear arch is more of a pain bec of cutting and welding, but still its repairable. A write off would involve any deployed airbags, chassis deformation, pillars or roof deformation....the damge in the photo seems to exclude that type of damage...Anyway they must have had their reasons

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Must be more that what we can see on the photos, bec as I said before the damage there is on the photo is totally repairable, front wheel arch easily repaired or replaced its not a structural part and no way will anyone write off a car for that. The rear arch is more of a pain bec of cutting and welding, but still its repairable. A write off would involve any deployed airbags, chassis deformation, pillars or roof deformation....the damge in the photo seems to exclude that type of damage...Anyway they must have had their reasons
Yea, structural damage is usually not easily visible. Oh and damage to a wheel arch can easily warrant a write off, they're not the easiest to repair as it is.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LimeyUK said:
ChrisB said:
Yea, structural damage is usually not easily visible. Oh and damage to a wheel arch can easily warrant a write off, they're not the easiest to repair as it is.
Rear wheel arch I would 100% agree, front wheel arch isnt much of an issue as its just a wing which is an easily replacement unbolt old one bolt new one on easy job. If theres damage behind it then yes knackered but if its just the wheel arch area of the wing no.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
ChrisB said:
Rear wheel arch I would 100% agree, front wheel arch isnt much of an issue as its just a wing which is an easily replacement unbolt old one bolt new one on easy job. If theres damage behind it then yes knackered but if its just the wheel arch area of the wing no.
True. Though judging by the damage on the door, I reckon it's gone further in behind on the wheel arch.

Like mud said I highly suspect it's a twisted body.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts