Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I ordered a 1.4 turbo LE 3 door a couple of weeks ago. Have driven large 4x4's most of my life so it is going to be strange driving a small car again. Last time I drove something this small was my girlfriends Nova 20 years ago.

The Corsa is due late March and my wife and I are anxious as we picked Limelight green sight unseen as there doesn't appear to be any photos of an LE in this colour and the dealer didn't even have a colour sample. I suspect it will be an acquired taste! :D

Ian

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul. I will post pictures once it arrives. The limelight* green is a pastel green, solid paint. Not the metallic lime green seen in many photos. I have spent hours googling but haven't found a pic of a corsa in this colour. At least it will be unusual :)

* think snot green

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 1.4 seems very popular either in n/a or turbo form :) Not many on here yet with the new 1.0.

Mine is due end of March and I can't wait. First new car in ten years and am getting very excited now. I'd be going crazy if I had to wait till end of April. What colour did you choose?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi mud4fun I got to agree as I have always preferred the 1.4 models in either Manual or Automatic models. Have ordered the Sovereign Silver with Graphic Embossed Black interior, Automatic, 5 Door. This will be our 4th New Corsa purchased from Eden Fareham, Hampshire during their VIP event last week.

Hope you get your new wheels soon.

·
Registered
895 Posts
He He ? no only got one for me the other 3 Corsa's were purchased in 2009, 2011and 2013 using Vauxhall Partners Tax Discounts ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah thanks for clearing that up!

I'm as bad with classic Land Rovers, owned half a dozen over the years and have three parked on the drive at the moment.

If the new corsa works out OK for me, we may look at getting another one, a basic model for use by my daughters as they reach driving age in a few years time. Will have to see how the new Viva looks when that appears in a few months time as to whether it may be better for the kids to learn in.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi liverpaul - Yep Partners been really good on first 3 Corsa's as saved nearly £2000 on each but unfortunately only managed £550 for Corsa SE Auto this time but managed to squeeze a few more £ off from purchase so was happy in the end.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi again mud4fun just to clarify - have had so many cars cant list them all ?? started with Ford Prefect, Fiat 124, Hillman Imp, Peugeot 104, Austin Marina, Vauxhall Chevette, Nova, Astra * 3 and Toyota Corolla * 3 all before 2009 then Vauxhall Corsa's ?? but only got one car on my drive.
Certanly had some good fun haggling on the way for best price ?? Enloy.

·
Registered
501 Posts
@ Delboy_Lee - I saved £850 with mine which Im very happy with.

if were listing cars think I shall do mine lol

First car and onwards:
Vauxhall corsa 1.2 merit 1996 3 door Red
Vauxhall corsa 1.2 elegance 2003 5 door Red
Vauxhall corsa 1.4 design 2009 5 door ( finance)Silver
Vauxhall astra 1.9 cdti 2007 3 door 150 bhp Silver
Honda civic 1.6 sport 2004 3 door Milano Red
Vauxhall corsa 1.2 2001 3 door silver (written off) Silver
Honda civic 1.4 tornado 1997 3 door Red
Vauxhall corsa 1.4 VVT turbo 2014/15 3 door silver

the astra and civic sport both had clutch slip and the 01 corsa was brought to buy out the finance until written off.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi liverpaul thanks really like your listing as said can't put dates on mine but do remember best one from my collection was an Astra 1.8 CDi purchased 1 year old with 90000 on the clock & boy did that motor go & top spec for comfort ?? Which reminds me I forgot metro 1.3, then New Ford Fiesta 1.1 I traded it in for so wife could learn to drive ? ? Followed by Ford 1.3 Frascati, Ford 1.2 SRi ? Fit these in between ? ? Sure I had a couple more somewhere but memory banks are fading. Hopeful keep my New Corsa SE for longer this time around.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi guys great news just got a call from garage and my nice New Corsa SE will be at the garage this coming Tuesday and not 29 April as originally forecast - yipeee well pleased with that. Let you know how we get on.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Derek, congratulations. I'm very envious. Got 6 more weeks to wait for mine. Due to my odd colour choice not likely to have one available from stock. Order tracking says mine is due to be built on 27th Feb.

Ian

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.