Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... prob know the story already with the familiar faults listed in the title.

Had this car 7 months, it would be a great little car if it wasn't such a pain in the arse.

Getting the same dreaded problem has many other corsa owners. Driving along, then get some lights flashing:
Service esc. and the abs and traction lights flash up. Along with that it seems to go into limp mode - there is major power loss, won't go above 2k revs, leaves you crawling about. That was fun on dual carriage way!

It happened once randomly the first time when i was driving, I pulled over, turned it off and on again and it dissapeared. Didn't return for a long time. Then eventually came back intermittently. Now its all the time.

Done lots of research and seemed certain that it would be this throttle pedal sensor that seemed to fix everyone else's. Bought a new one on ebay, swapped it out today, but still got the same problem. I can't get any codes to come up on the ODBll readers. Tried 2 different ones but no codes are being thrown. Getting on my tits now, I took annual leave off work and was hoping to get some road trips in, but can't even pop round the corner in its current condition.

Might try my luck and pop to a local vauxhall garage with it see if they might try stick it on a diagnostic for me.

From what I'm reading online these cars sound like a nightmare. A bag of moody sensors. Too much useless technology packed into these new cars. Every single days since I've owned it (second hand) i get the same errors flashing, tyre sensor and bulb sensor. Nothing wrong with either. My bulbs work. My tyres are inflated. Its just crappy sensors thinking there is a problem.

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on the main issue, would appreciate it.

corsa e
1.0t

·
Registered
123 Posts
You need to get a proper scanner on it,obd2 usually only read the powertrain modules and even then won't read many of the hundreds of manufacturer specific codes that may be generated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts