Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Intellilink has Siri eyes free for iPhone users so when you press the voice command button on the steering wheel you can ask Siri to play music, read texts, etc - but for android users, say for example, people with a Samsung Galaxy, will this activate S Voice or Google Now, the default voice command system on that phone - or is the voice button on the steering wheel only of use for iPhone users?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Samsung s4 won't work the voice command. You would think vauxhall will correct this in time and update our cars system in the future.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I would have thought S Voice would work. It may be due to the fact that android connects over Bluetooth.

Google Voice isn't recognised by most systems unless it's on a device like the Nexus range.

My LG G3 doesn't have its own vocal PA, only Google Voice/Now. So when I attempt it, it says 'device does not support voice recognition'.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
No, Android is for people who like useful features years before iOS implements them :lol:

iOS is for people who like simplistic UIs imo.

Plus, many other phones are much better value than an iPhone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.