Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the corsa e with the automatic gearbox? If so how do you find it? Smooth? Clunky? Efficient? Do you feel like you can accelerate quicker with the car doing the gear changes for you? What's kick down like when you put your foot down?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've never found Automatics to be that responsive, I've had to use a couple as courtesy cars before.

Their MPG is usually quite poor, although they do seem to be improving the economy if Automatics.

·
Registered
895 Posts
jamescmartin13 said:
Has anyone got the corsa e with the automatic gearbox? If so how do you find it? Smooth? Clunky? Efficient? Do you feel like you can accelerate quicker with the car doing the gear changes for you? What's kick down like when you put your foot down?
I Have the SE, 6 Speed Automatic and find the response far better than the old Corsa D. I was lucky to have a 10 minute Test Drive of a New Corsa E SE Auto before deciding to purchase and I was very impressed with the Comfort & Drive.

Have now had mine nearly 4 Months now & still very impressed.

To me feels very smooth and hardly notice any gear changes from 2nd up wards etc.

Only had to use Kick Down once so far & all seemed ok.

Best if you can get a test drive yourself if possible.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My SRi vx line will be automatic, hope the economy is close to manual figures!

·
Registered
895 Posts
craig5e said:
My SRi vx line will be automatic, hope the economy is close to manual figures!
Fuel economy figures are much lower for the Automatics ? Have you looked at the VX comparison tables ??

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have but im hoping to better them

·
Registered
895 Posts
craig5e said:
I have but im hoping to better them
Thanks craige, will be very interested in your results as best I have achieved so far is 35.25 mpg over 190miles of mixed Urban/Motorway routes M27/A27 from Lee-On-The-Solent, Hampshire to Brighton & return etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No worries del boy. I live close to j5 m27 so i will be driving maybe up the m3 or west towards exeter just to get some driving done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts