Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 1.4 NA 2017 and I’m getting a little
Confused what is needed.
I read that it should alternate with interim and full service. However the full service depending where you go does or doesn’t include plugs?
Been quoted £150 for a interim and £260 for a main
However when looking at the price of parts, the filters are worth pennies, so is it all
On labour?

what prices are people paying to have their services done to schedule

no suggestions of doing It myself as I don’t have the space or tools

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be honest, I generally get my car serviced by local mechanic. I buy spark plugs, cabin filter, oil filter, air filter and oil and he fits it and I just pay for the labour.

All in the parts from Car Parts for less including Castrol oil is about £80.

I generally wouldn't have a service without changing the spark plugs, they are cheap as chips and they make sure the car still runs correctly. I have heard of horror stories where people have taken there car for a "Full service" and the dealer hasn't changed the spark plugs and they seize in the head.

If I was you, I would find a good local mechanic and agree to buy the components and just pay for the labour, that way they are not making money by marking up the parts.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello
I'm sure if you buy your parts from Eurocarparts ( a sister company to car parts for less as the websites seem virtually identical) you are given an option to have the parts fitted by a local garage
Maybe worth thinking about if you don't have a particular garage in mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts