Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the point of it?

I realise not everyone will want something sporty or with lots of "toys" like the LE/SRi/SE models, so they've got to cater for the people who just want an ordinary Corsa, but going by the configurator they've priced it in such a way it doesn't make sense for anyone to buy it, infact almost like they dont want anyone to buy it, so why bother including it asnd building it, list price for a 1.2 Life 3 door in solid red paint is £11080. The Sting model is £9,175 in 3 door 1.2 with solid red paint, so nearly £2K less despite having loads more features like CD player, steering wheel audio controls, USB, Bluetooth, cruise control, and alloys. Sting R is £11,175 so £95 more, yes just £95, despite having the 1.0 Turbo engine, VXR steering wheel and gearknob, plus all the bits the ordinary Sting has over it. The Design model is £11,080 as well so same price as the Life with same engine and paint, and it has Intellilink, leather steering wheel, front fogs, USB, cruise control, Bluetooth, etc.

As I said I realise not everyone will want a car with all those toys, so if the Life spec was considerably cheaper as a result of its lack of extras I'd understand, but why would anyone NOT buy the model with more features for the same price or less, its a total no brainer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It seems stupid.

I would say the life was usually an older persons car.

There is a pensioner in my street driving a red sting complete with stripes.

I personally think the price of the sting is excellent. The life is a joke really. Unless they plan on putting the price of the sting up at some point which I doubt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.