Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Vauxhall are all for the new 1l turbo engine, and they price it as the most expensive most modern best engine for the corsa, ... But I've noticed loads of people on here are praising the 1.4T engine more than any other?

Isn't the 1.4 engine quite dated? Because these days isn't the trend towards smaller capacity 3 cylinder units with turbochargers?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm sure mud4fun will be along soon to explain - he's very good at that! I originally wanted the 1.0T 115ps coming from a 1.2TSi Ibiza, but could only test drive the 1.4n/a and 1.4T 100ps. The latter flew out of the dealership, lol! Going on what's been said before, the 1.0T warms up quicker so is better for shorter journeys, whereas the 1.4T is better on motorways and longer journeys. The 1.0T comes at a price though and is only available in a few trim levels. There is also a 1.0T 90ps engine too. There's so many combinations of trim and engines that I am still having trouble deciding which I want! :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
The other thing is the 1.4 is a tried and tested proven unit for reliability whereas the 1 litre is an unknown quantity, also in the 1.4 as its larger capacity and 1 extra cylinder, its not going to be as strained and stressed which won't be good for reliability, particularly if the horror stories I've read about the 1 litre Ford ecoboost are going to happen here too.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The 1.4T is the best engine in the line by far for my driving style and journey type. (long distance motorway/A road commutes) Effortless cruising on motorways, quick overtaking on winding A roads and amazing and consistent fuel economy for a 1.4 petrol engine. No other engine in the lineup comes close.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
The 1.4T is the best engine in the line by far for my driving style and journey type. (long distance motorway/A road commutes) Effortless cruising on motorways, quick overtaking on winding A roads and amazing and consistent fuel economy for a 1.4 petrol engine. No other engine in the lineup comes close.
I can vouch for the town driving side of this engine too. Its a brilliant engine.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
James, it may be worth doing a poll of which engines people have. I suspect you may be getting a slightly biased view on the engines simply because more people on here have the 1.4T than the 1.0T. It certainly seems that way. Mind you that in itself suggests something!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.