Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else managed to dent their car right where the bonnet catch is? I've genuinely only opened the bonnet about 3 times before this managed to happen. :x *put the key next to it for a scale*

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mathia34 said:
Has anyone else managed to dent their car right where the bonnet catch is? I've genuinely only opened the bonnet about 3 times before this managed to happen. :x *put the key next to it for a scale*
Noticed the exact same thing on mine the other day starting to form!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was genuinely just from opening it aye, I phoned arnold clark to see if they'll do anything about it. It's a bit crap to have this happen to the car since I'm pretty careful with it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The manual does state that when closing it, to drop it from a height of 6" rather than press it into a closed position as that will dent it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
The manual does state that when closing it, to drop it from a height of 6" rather than press it into a closed position as that will dent it.
not very good how many people read the manual on how to close the bonnet.( they should have done away with drivers vanity mirror and put a big bonnet operating sticker in its place) :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
mud4fun said:
not very good how many people read the manual on how to close the bonnet.( they should have done away with drivers vanity mirror and put a big bonnet operating sticker in its place) :lol:
I thought this would be common sense anyway, this is pretty much how it works on every car and how ive always closed a bonnet.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I've always let the bonnet go from a few inches. First thing i do when I get a new car is to read through the manual! I like to know everything I can about the car.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mathia34 said:
That's exactly what I did for the bonnet to dent like that. I always drop it from a few inches and it's happened anyway
That is not good! :-(

The bonnet does feel like it is made from stupidly thin material. Even the alloy skin on my Land Rovers is more rigid! I'm guessing it is so pedestrians have a softer landing when you run them over.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got hit with a repair bill for a Mercedes that I had on lease a few years ago. Same problem, bonnet wouldn't close so I pressed it down. Haven't pushed a bonnet since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.