Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a Sony Xperia M2 which has artwork for most songs on my phone, but they don't appear when the phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth to listen to music (it all appears when connected via USB port)

Anyway a quick look on Vauxhall website FAQs for the Intellilink system says: "Question: When playing music from a mobile phone via Bluetooth, why is certain music information missing, e.g. song titles or album graphics? Answer: the capability to show music metadata, such as song title or album graphic, depends on your mobile phones supported Bluetooth profile version (its audio/video remote control profile or AVRCP) the AVRCP must be version 1.3 or higher"

Now my car will show song title, artist, album name when playing music via Bluetooth, but not the album graphic, despite it already having an album graphic on my phone for most songs, and ive checked with Sony and my phones AVRCP is version 1.3. So why isn't the album graphic showing? The FAQ on Vauxhall website seems to suggest that either album and artist names and song titles as well as album graphic will either all show or none will, on mine everything shows but the album artwork.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have a Sony Z and its the same no picture, but if I link a iPod with lead picture will appear. I think these systems are more geared to iPhone not the higher spec of the far more superior android :lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should work with all our phones though guys, Vauxhalls website states as long as your phones AVRCP version is 1.3 or higher it should work, mine is 1.3 but it doesn't work.

Its not a biggy as I generally just Bluetooth my phone to the car for calls and plug it in to the USB port to listen to music as it charges the phone whilst plugged in via USB too. It just bugs me when something should work and doesn't, I also noticed my Mrs' iPhone 6 the phone book goes on to the cars Bluetooth automatically, I need to choose to do it with my Sony every time I connect it. You are definitely right about everything being designed with Apple iOS in mind first and foremost, whereas ive deliberately not bought anything apple as I hate all the hype about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.