Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys, I need some tips with the above.

Page 7 of the Infotainment Manual, the section on steering wheel controls, the top phone button it says "short press: take phone call. Or dial number in call list, or activate speech recognition. Long press: open call list. Or switch hands free mode on/off"

However all I can get the button to do is: short press if I'm in any of the audio sources will bring up the phone screen, if I'm already in the phone screen a short press does last number redial, and a long press will bring up voice commands yet the manual says its a short press to get voice commands :S that's all long press does, it doesn't open call list or switch hands free mode on/off. Am I being dense?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, it doesn't work on my windows phone. In fact I avoid using those buttons as they've managed to call the wife numerous times when I wanted to call work instead. It seems to auto dial the last number called when I just want to pull up the list :-(

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I can't get those buttons to bring up the list. That's why I put the the post up to ask how to do it.

I have discovered that if you are already in your call list you can use the source scroller on the steering wheel controls to go through the call list, but no way of actually opening the call list off the steering wheel so you've got to use the touchscreen to actually open it first then you can use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through it. This also oddly doesn't work when your phoned is open the scroll wheel won't scroll through your contacts list like it will your call list, very odd.

I also thought voice commands were only possible with an iPhone, or so the manual says but I can get the steering wheel buttons to work voice commands with my Sony Xperia So I can voice dial calls.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an Iphone and I have never tried this. I don't normally call out if I am driving. I only accept incoming calls.

I can try this out on my Iphone if you like and report back with results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts