Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.4 Energy has done just over 500 miles and when I brake I get a slight grinding noise (not sure if its front or back) nothing loud its just there when I apply the brakes and can only hear it with radio off. Car stops fine no pulling and the drums on the back are warm not hot after driving.
Anyone one else notice this with?

Richard

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Same here, same on my Corsa D too. It's rear drums I reckon because on the previous Vx with 4 disks I didn't get it. Years since I had drums!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jarviser said:
Same here, same on my Corsa D too. It's rear drums I reckon because on the previous Vx with 4 disks I didn't get it. Years since I had drums!
Thanks
I had drums on my last car and didn't hear any noise, must just be the way the car is!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Could be ABS kicking in.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would say its the drums. I can hear it on mine too. I also have a VW Polo with drum brakes and it does the same.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
FirestoneDK said:
Corrosion/rust on the discs can also create a grinding noise when breaking
If there's corrosion or rust on a brand new cars discs this soon, I'd be worried as to what they were doing with it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
FirestoneDK said:
Corrosion/rust on the discs can also create a grinding noise when breaking
yes but that overnight/afterwash rusty coating wears off on the first junction. This low grumble is permanent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my corsa e does that noise also ,and from new. no rust on the discs. focus i had before that had rear drum s and there was never any noise while breaking . my audi has 4 disc s it s also silent . on thecorsa it s almost like an abrasive sound and also leave,s a lot of brake dust on the front wheels .
more so than on any other car iv e ever owned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts