Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. so I always keep going when the pump clicks off, then a bit more but never actually gone to the point when the fuel is showing in the filler neck.has anyone gone this far or is it not a good thing to do ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just fill up till it clicks once.

I believe depending on the temperature the petrol will expand in the tank. Although tanks usually have an releif valve.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes I just fill up till it clicks once although my local garages pumps often don't click and the fuel just sprays everywhere so you learn to stand to one side when filling up! ;-)

If you fill up to the top the fuel will expand as suggested, especially in very hot weather and spill out of vent in lid. Not safe if anybody drops a *** anywhere near your car..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes I just fill up till it clicks once although my local garages pumps often don't click and the fuel just sprays everywhere so you learn to stand to one side when filling up! ;-)

If you fill up to the top the fuel will expand as suggested, especially in very hot weather and spill out of vent in lid. Not safe if anybody drops a *** anywhere near your car..
How old are your petrol stations?! :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Recently refurbished!! Obviously used Chinese made pumps as most are now knackered..... ;-)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Recently refurbished!! Obviously used Chinese made pumps as most are now knackered..... ;-)
If they were made in china You would have been pouring petrol from about 5 different holes :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It is not so bad with the old Land Rovers as the filler tube is 3" diameter so you can see and hear the fuel as it comes up and stop it in time. Dafny on the other hand has the modern tight fitting tube so you can't see down it and the fuel flies up it due to smaller bore and you don't hear it until just too late. I've taken to filling up elsewhere when I can as that BP fuel doesn't get any better mpg than Sainsbury unleaded. The Land Rovers on the other hand have to have Shell VPower diesel or BP Ultimate or they get naff mpg and dismal performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts