Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the BringGo Sat Nav with iPhone 5S connected to the Infotainment Centre USB connector for a couple of days now. Phone connects & maintains charge whilst in use ok. BringGo works well on local journeys of up to 20 miles but have not been any further to date.

Would recommend downloading the User Guide from the BringGo web site prior to using this application.

Location Services

One issue I have is that after using the BringGo Trial version & closing the Application, Location Services are still running in the background and are therefore draining the iPhones battery. This is found when a Warning Bar appears at top of the iphone advising you that BringGo is still using your location - therefore still connected.

I have gone into iPhone settings>BringGo>Location and set this to While Using the App. But this does not appear to work as expected & BringGo is still connected.

There are two temporary solutions:

1. When you have finished with BringGo go into iPhone settings> BringGo>Location>and change this to Never. BringGo is now disconnected.
When you next require BringGo do above and change the settings back again.

2. Power Down the iPhone therefore disconnecting the Application. Restore Power to iPhone and you will find BringGo is now disconnected from Location Services and not draining your battery.

Restore Power to iPhone and select BringGo when you next need it.

Have fun - I don't know if full BringGo Version or Android phones are the same??

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anthony, yep mine went pretty flat before I realised but could not find a mention on the Adam Owners Site ??

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks r0cketd0g that will be very interesting. I note from the iPhone app " Route Map Screen " > Menu> Settings you can Sign Out but means you have to Sign In again to use the app ?

Derek

·
Registered
112 Posts
You shouldn't need to sign out of the app if its set like you said, only use location services while the app is in use. We'll see what they say

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi r0cketd0g, have also sent my comments to the BringGo Customer Support Team to give more weight to this subject, it could be a failing of the iPhone version of BringGo & needs a Software update etc. As you say we will see what the reply will be.

Currently I now go into Location Service Settings for BringGo & make this " Never " until I require the App again. Thanks for all the support.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi Derek, just to let you know that this problem is not just limited to bringgo. On my windows phone I have several apps that require location services including the sat nav and speedometer apps that enable the GPS when entering them but fail to disable the GPS when exiting. As you say, it is damned annoying to have to remember to go into settings and manually turn it off. I've forgotten several times and wondered why my battery was nearly flat just hours later.

I hope you get a resolution soon.

Ian

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ian, like you I got an phone full of apps but not experienced the amount of battery drain that this App takes and have had iphones 3GS, 4s & 5s now so maybe I just been lucky before? According to the "BringGo User Guide" we should be able to turn off the App in settings just like I do with the Tom Tom App and have no problems with that one, but can't use Tom Tom with the Vauxhall Infotainment centre Ugh. Happy days.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all just received this answer from BringGo Customer Services and works everytime.

Thank you for contacting BringGo Customer Support.

BringGo app is using the location services only when running. When the app is turned off does not use the battery.
It is easy to check - when the iPhone use the location services the small arrow is displayed in the top right corner of the screen - please see attached screenshot.

The easiest way to turn off the BringGo app on iPhone is to follow the below steps:

1. Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking view.
2. Swipe-up the screenshot of the app you want to exit.

If all apps that use location services are turned off, the arrow shown on screenshot should disappear.

Summarising, no need to change the location services settings each time, when finished using the BringGo app.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
BringGo Customer Support

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, and I also found if I had searched the Net a bit further there are loads of info on multitasking etc but very impressed with the Customer Support for this product so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts