Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Found the first fault with the car and it is to do with intellilink and bringgo (no surprise ;) )

Basically either there is no audio navigation at all, or it will sometimes work and switch background music off for the brief periods of time, and other times it will switch background music off and it won't come back on till I switch the audio source and back again.

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
hijamie32 said:
Hi,

Found the first fault with the car and it is to do with intellilink and bringgo (no surprise ;) )

Basically either there is no audio navigation at all, or it will sometimes work and switch background music off for the brief periods of time, and other times it will switch background music off and it won't come back on till I switch the audio source and back again.

Anyone else had this problem?
When i use navi and music on the same time, there is a pause on music when the audio of navigation gives directions. I never had to switch to the audio source to turn music on again. At least till now :) .

·
Registered
56 Posts
So far no problems with Bringgo and I've updated it so I get the full version with updates on the 2nd and 3rd year. Only problem I had one time was when it showed me in a different place, but it was my phone had got in a loop so I rebooted it and it was fine then.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

It is very strange as it sometimes works correctly, and other times I get either no sound, or no audio navigation?

Hopefully it is just a little bug to do with my phone rather then the car which will sort itself out over time!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Funny I have the opposite, I use the Here+ sat nav app on my windows phone however the thing fully syncs with the cars audi and automatically mutes the music and reads the directions out using the cars audi system, works perfectly every time - pretty neat! :)

As the phone is mounted on a cradle on top of the dash, despite being a smaller screen (not by much though as my Nokia has a larger than average HD screen) it is actually easier to read and safer so overall I'm quite happy with it as a sat nav solution. Can live without the sat nav mapping on the intellilink screen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
mud4fun said:
Funny I have the opposite, I use the Here+ sat nav app on my windows phone however the thing fully syncs with the cars audi and automatically mutes the music and reads the directions out using the cars audi system, works perfectly every time - pretty neat! :)

As the phone is mounted on a cradle on top of the dash, despite being a smaller screen (not by much though as my Nokia has a larger than average HD screen) it is actually easier to read and safer so overall I'm quite happy with it as a sat nav solution. Can live without the sat nav mapping on the intellilink screen.
Can I ask which cradle you have? :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, I use a modular RAM mounting system. You buy each element separately such as the suction cups, tripod mounts, vehicle bumper mounts, arms, brackets and X-grips. So that you can mount any device from mobile phone, ipad to full size camcorder on just about any part of the vehicle. I take alot of in car footage (particularly in the Land Rovers for my blog)

In the Corsa I'm using a suction cup with a medium arm and mid-sized X grip to hold the phone. It sits right at the bottom of the windscreen so is out of drivers line of sight to the road however if you want to be totally legal you can actually mount it to the tiny little useless window next to the drivers mirror and use a long arm. The suction cup design is great and in tens of thousands of miles of motoring the grip has only come off the screen once while driving.

The mounts feature rubber ball joints which prevent vibrations being passed through to the phone, very useful in the old leaf sprung Land Rovers where without it the phones fail very quickly.

The x-grips adjust to a wide rang of sizes so basically once you've bought the components you never need to change the mount again even if your phones get much larger or much smaller :)

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Hood

Auto part Electric blue Plastic Automotive wheel system Machine

I also have this tripod mount so that I can mount my phone onto the trip for very low light photos and for some movie footage:

Toy Wood Hardwood Building sets Plastic

Bought from http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is mad. The whole point of an in-car system like Intellilink is to stop us having more screen clutter.

If Vauxhall was serious about this, they would fit a simple Android tablet and give us the option of downloading our own choice of navigation (and other) software. Offline mapping software is superior to depending on uninterrupted 4G reception.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Errr..... I think your about 3.5 Years behind. Since the IntelliLink 4.0 you are able to use Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to do just that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi don't know if anyone can help me my audio on my vauxhall insignia 2.0 cdti has stopped working and can't hear my indicator clicking either no sound radio comes on but no sound on audio :shock: looking forward to hear from you all....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts