Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Tom Tom for a few years now, and it could do with a change.

However, instead of upgrading, why not utilise BringGo on the Intellilink?

Never having used it before, I was wondering how it works as a Tom Tom replacement? My TT never loses it's signal - I assume the BringGo is reliant on mobile signal?

Can you put the mobile on standby when your using the app? Only ask as when I stream a video, or programme on the mobile, it gets quite hot after a short period when the screen is on (phone is a Galaxy S5).

Does the app use your mobile bandwidth?

Lastly, how easy is it to use and connect? Would love to hear from some users....I've not even downloaded the app yet, so I'm starting from scratch! :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
spongebob said:
I've had my Tom Tom for a few years now, and it could do with a change.

However, instead of upgrading, why not utilise BringGo on the Intellilink?

Never having used it before, I was wondering how it works as a Tom Tom replacement? My TT never loses it's signal - I assume the BringGo is reliant on mobile signal?

Can you put the mobile on standby when your using the app? Only ask as when I stream a video, or programme on the mobile, it gets quite hot after a short period when the screen is on (phone is a Galaxy S5).

Does the app use your mobile bandwidth?

Lastly, how easy is it to use and connect? Would love to hear from some users....I've not even downloaded the app yet, so I'm starting from scratch! :D
Hi spongebob, have you read the earlier Bringo Comments on Page 8 of this section as you may find them helpful.

I initially had an overheating problem with my iPhone 5s but found once Bringo was connected and running & putting phone into standby eased this problem as the display screen is now off during use.

hope this helps

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
spongebob said:
Thanks Derek, will check that out.

I did a search, and it wouldn't give me any results! :(
Yes this can be a problem with the older post as there are more than one that have Bringo & Interlink queries on here. So if you have further issues with this then please ask and we will try find the answer for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used it this afternoon for the first time - liked it!

Obviously this is the trial version...If I do upgrade, is it a yearly fee or a one-off? Can't seem to find out.

Will be using it a fair bit more during the coming weeks, so I'll see if it is a Tom Tom rival.....

·
Registered
895 Posts
It's a one off payment - if you go to the App > Details > in app purchases you can find details there. I'm happy with mine although don't do many miles at the moment.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick addition....

I used BringGo again on Friday to go a little further afield, around an hour away for a gig.

I knew the journey, but wanted to try the app out again when the route was a little more challenging.

Unfortunately, it was a disaster! I tried all 3 of the route choices, all were totally unsuitable. The routes it was suggesting were often undriveable....take a right turn across a dual carriageway, etc....when your in the left side!

Kept trying to send me down unmade tracks and all sorts. Eventually plugged my Tom Tom back in and all was good again.

I certainly won't be buying it in it's current form. Be great if there was an alternative - as the only positive point was the brilliance of the Intellilink. With a decent 'nav, it would be amazing, as the screen, position, connection, and the whole package is simply built for a 1st class navigation system.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My brother has a built in screen in his Mazda MX-5 and that also has built in sat nav. He's never really been a fan of sat navs, but he likes whatever version is in his car. Got him back from just outside London with no trouble.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
liverpaul said:
Re-lighting this one:

Just installed this trial and I'm going to do a video tomorrow on this. I recently found it doesn't use bandwidth? So I'm gonna see into this further more.
You should find it loads offline maps up front so it doesnt need bandwidth in use but needs a lot of internal device storage.
Biggest downer for me is not being able to use full postcode.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What's the use if you can't search by postcode?! Surely that's what people use the most!

·
Registered
31 Posts
SylvE said:
What's the use if you can't search by postcode?! Surely that's what people use the most!
BringGo are working on an upgrade that includes post code search, I will post when it is released

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I haven't even tried the free trial yet. I may do if they make that update. Anyone who has had the free trial - do they send yo a reminder when the free trial is coming to an end?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i tried it once , yes that was it tried once, complete waste of time you would be better off asking for directions from somebody who don't know where there going.

Apple Maps 100%

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
SylvE said:
I haven't even tried the free trial yet. I may do if they make that update. Anyone who has had the free trial - do they send yo a reminder when the free trial is coming to an end?
Its not free it's 92p for 1 month. Then £60 for 3 years. Some people on Google Play Store feedback reviews complained they paid for the trial and it expired immediately. The app tells you when your time is up. Out of date maps is a big complaint too. 2.8 stars and about half of all reviews are one star. Amazingly quite a lot of 5 stars.

·
Registered
895 Posts
SylvE said:
I have found that if I save an address/location including Post Code to the iPhone Contacts list and then plan a route & save
this to BringGo Favourites, this route is easy to call up once connected to the Infotainment Centre. Menu > Favourites.

Have had BringGo for over a year now & have following comments:

1. Does not recognise Full Post Code ? iPhone 2 Characters ? Infotainment Centre 5 Characters then you need to provide
further information to complete address.
2. Some house numbers not recognised only the Road ?? etc
3. Avoiding Toll roads - Tried to plan route from Gosport Hampshire to Southampton City Centre ( Avoiding the Itchen Bridge )
No Route could be found ?? BringGo technical team are currently investigating this.
4. Menu on iPhone not visually the same as the Infotainment Centre.
5. Road Modifications/Changes seem to take an age to be updated on New Map releases if at all.

Otherwise I am still content with the purchase of this App.

Please note although I do not do many journeys over 40 miles, routes I have planned/checked & saved to my iPhone have
been acceptable and No wrong turnings taken to route end so far? perhaps I have just been lucky.

Derek

·
Registered
501 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
SylvE said:
I have found that if I save an address/location including Post Code to the iPhone Contacts list and then plan a route & save
this to BringGo Favourites, this route is easy to call up once connected to the Infotainment Centre. Menu > Favourites.

Have had BringGo for over a year now & have following comments:

1. Does not recognise Full Post Code ? iPhone 2 Characters ? Infotainment Centre 5 Characters then you need to provide
further information to complete address.
2. Some house numbers not recognised only the Road ?? etc
3. Avoiding Toll roads - Tried to plan route from Gosport Hampshire to Southampton City Centre ( Avoiding the Itchen Bridge )
No Route could be found ?? BringGo technical team are currently investigating this.
4. Menu on iPhone not visually the same as the Infotainment Centre.
5. Road Modifications/Changes seem to take an age to be updated on New Map releases if at all.

Otherwise I am still content with the purchase of this App.

Please note although I do not do many journeys over 40 miles, routes I have planned/checked & saved to my iPhone have
been acceptable and No wrong turnings taken to route end so far? perhaps I have just been lucky.

Derek
I'll start from Southampton city Centre probably mayflower and I route myself to Western and I'll see if it avoids the itchen bridge. I'm reading the bad side of it and then seeing for myself before I buy this app. I'm impressed with it so far especially as I don't need my data.
Did you not want to use the motorway then exit by Southampton airport? Just confused how you ended up by itchen bridge.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Liverpaul thanks and I agree with you that the motorway route via Fareham to Southampton would be the preferred option ? but when I was
testing the function of the BringGo route planning I was only given 3 options & all went via the Toll Bridge ?? I have checked BringGo again tonight and it appears that the Technical Team must have adjusted the route parameters as now I get 2 routes avoiding the Toll Bridge & the shortest recommend route including the Bridge with a note to the effect that this cannot be avoided. This change must have been included in a recent BringGo update.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
Hi Liverpaul thanks and I agree with you that the motorway route via Fareham to Southampton would be the preferred option ? but when I was
testing the function of the BringGo route planning I was only given 3 options & all went via the Toll Bridge ?? I have checked BringGo again tonight and it appears that the Technical Team must have adjusted the route parameters as now I get 2 routes avoiding the Toll Bridge & the shortest recommend route including the Bridge with a note to the effect that this cannot be avoided. This change must have been included in a recent BringGo update.
Give me a position or postcode of the area you are driving from and I'll start from our Centre and see if it diverts me to the bridge. Weird how the bridge would be involved on any route haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts