Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have upgraded from the BringGo trial version to Map Updates & Traffic so will shortly be able to provide some feedback for iPhone users in particular.

A new iPhone Version (2.0.0) 26 Feb 2015 for Western Europe has just been released and is available from the App Store or by Update for latest obtained app. There have been several design and menu changes to the app so will be interested to see how they work out.

Currently I am only using BringGo for local journeys - up to 30 miles within the Hampshire area so my feedback will be limited to that usage only.

One good news I can Mirror BringGo to my 20" PC Monitor using program called Reflector. Unfortunately this can only be used for viewing maps as I don't have a touch screen ?? but very useful for me when editing routes etc before saving for future use.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anthony thanks - have found new version ( to me ) much more responsive but let down I believe by the Infotainment Centre touch screen sensitivity compared to the iPhone screen. Have not yet had any opportunity to take out on a long run but generally finding the App useful for local use.

I have found that if I save an address to the iPhone Contacts list and then plan a route & save this to BringGo Favourites, this route easy to call up once connected to the Infotainment Centre. Menu > Favourites.

On the Positive Side:

BringGo Customer Support are very quick to respond to any queries I have thrown at them and there have been a few so far.

On the Negative Side:

Searching for Address from the Menu
1. Does not recognise Full Post Code ? iPhone 2 Characters ? Infotainment Centre 5 Characters then you need to provide further information to complete address.
2. Some house numbers not recognised only the Road ?? etc
3. Avoiding Toll roads - Tried to plan route from Gosport Hampshire to Southampton City Centre ( Avoiding the Itchen Bridge ) No Route could be found ?? BringgGo technical team are currently investigating this.
4. Menu on iPhone not visually the same as the Infotainment Centre

Otherwise I am fairly content with the Full Version.

Hope this helps

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Anthony, you don't get any additional features Upgrading from the Trial Version just access to Traffic & Map updates.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi liverpaul, that is an interesting one ?? not noticed yet ? I know other half hates the music interruptions already without this one?? I have turned down BringGo Voice in BringGo ( iPhone Settings ) prior to connecting and seems to be OK for me at the moment?

Derek

·
Registered
75 Posts
anthony said:
Yes I thought that Co pilot is a good one maybe if we all contact vx they may add more apps
I keep thinking soon once the new corsa has been around for a bit someone who is good at hacking will find a way for us to use google maps ect through the intellilink for free...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If I'm being honest I would have been happy to lose the intellilink all together and have a decent stereo in there instead. Not just because I have a windows phone with a far superior sat nav on it than the bringgo but because the apps on the intellilink are so restricted that they are pointless for me. My phone has far better apps as I'm sure most people will have too no matter what phone they have. I would rather have had the option of a good quality CD player/Amp plus a 7" USB monitor that I could feed from my windows phone as an external monitor like I can do with my monitors at home and the office.

The problem for the manufacturers is that they have to go through such long design processes that by the time their car gets released the technology is already way out of date. In the meantime mobile phones have come on in leaps and bounds and a new mobile phone of any make/OS will have far superior screen, functionality and app support than the car manufacturers are offering.

A 7" USB monitor (mounted higher up on the dash too!) would have been far more attractive to me and I may have even paid a little more to get it too. Thankfully the intellilink was not a selling feature for me, it just happened to be fitted to my preferred model/trim level. So I'm probably one of the few that will actually be looking to replace the intellilink unit with a decent stereo system and built in monitor once I save some money up :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts