Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following recent crashes with my current iPhone5s, I restored my iPhone from a recent iCloud Backup.
All appeared fine until I re-loaded the BringGO App and I could not find any data within the Favourites Folder.

I contacted BringGo support who advised me that BringGo currently has no support for iCloud facilities
and this is currently being looked into?

Thankfully I had an earlier Backup saved into iTunes and following Restore via iTunes I now have my Favourites data
back again.

Has any one else using BringGo and iPhone had this problems.

Advise would be is to ensure you keep a regular Backup in iTunes if you rely upon your saved material.

Fortunately for me I am awaiting a replacement iPhone 6 from Vodafone today & have found this out before I
restore this to my New iPhone.

Derek

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I gave up using BringGo just after it had installed to my phone...

I just use my iPhone's SatNav via the Cars Audio system (whilst it's connected to iPod) - miles better satnav, and an easier UI to navigate.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Android Google backup also seems to restore apps but not app data do It doesn't surprise me.
Bringo has terrible reviews and it's £40 so I'm not hoing there.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Android Google backup also seems to restore apps but not app data do It doesn't surprise me.
Bringo has terrible reviews and it's £40 so I'm not hoing there.
You get 30 days to try it if you want, but it is stupidly slow for a sat nav. The instructions come so close to when you need to actually turn off etc, sometimes they're too late!

·
Registered
30 Posts
These first posts seem a little suspicious - All of them from a new user and all of them containing a link to dubious iphone recovery software. I think they are SPAM and probably involve nasty data harvesting malware. Happy to be proven wrong but, best avoided methinks. I have reported all 3 to the admin.

-LaZ-

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Agreed Lazarus. I have banned all three users and removed their posts.

Thanks for the heads up :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi eveeve I agree as that's how I do it using iTunes but this subject refers to iCloud backups which are not supported.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts