Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure whether this is the right place for this question but hoping someone can help. I installed Bringgo on my iPhone to plug in to intellilink and while it connected ok I've come across an issue, all of the roads are set to the wrong speed limit eg all the 30 mph roads are 10 mph and the m4 is set to 40 mph as such I was getting a message over the radio stating I had exceeded the speed limit.

I have managed to turn off the audio alert however it is annoying having the 40 sign flashing on the motorways. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the issue still occurs. The maps in setting say they are version 2013q1Fix1. Does anyone else use Bringgo on iOS, can you let me know your map versions?
I paid for the full version and don't know whether to claim a refund (2013 maps are too old to use)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anthony

That's somewhat reassuring. Do you have issues with incorrect speed limits ? 40 mph for a 70 mph motorway is ridiculous.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi CalKlein, thanks for your comments on BringGo. If you go into Settings > About you should see Version BringGo Western Europe 2.0.0 and
Map Data Navteq2013Q1Fix1 ? this is the latest I have.

I currently have no known speed issues with mine ?? but only do short journeys as yet.

Would suggest you contact Customer Services on any issues as they respond very quickly I have found recently.

Best to try here http://www.bringgo.com/customer/feedback.php under Feedback > Just fill in the boxes > send off & you will get a Ticket number.
Indicate that you having difficulties & if can not be resolved how do I get a refund ? as there are several ways dependant on the circumstances.

So far I am fairly happy with the Product & Customer Support.

Keep us informed how you get on.

Derek

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Derek

I contacted Bringgo support and they did come back pretty quick, reply below. I do not have any issue with the product as such, apart from the doped limit announcement, which I turned off in settings anyway.
Yes the 2013 maps are the latest maps (tomtom update maps quarterly and in recent journey this has been noticeable) but from their reply maps are due soon. Looking on release notes in App Store they appear to do map updates annually.

Have you managed to search anywhere by postcode??
Thank you for contacting BringGo Customer Support.

Thank you for raising this issue, we will investigate this issue. In relation to the maps - new maps will be available in few weeks.

We are appreciate your patience.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
BringGo Customer Support

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi CalKlein, thanks will be interesting to see when the new map update is released, pleased you got a quick response just as I have been doing.

Have not tried the Post Code search yet but will give it a try ?? early indications from others on the Adam Site is that it will not accept last 2 digits
but will see & report back.

One interesting area Customer Support are looking into for me is " Avoiding Toll Roads " in Single & Multi Route? a particular Route via the Itchen Bridge in Southampton "Flags Up" with " No Route without Toll Road Found " so Support found me a route using "Way Points" for the moment and are investigating this issue.

Have fun?

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Calkein, I have tried to find a BringGo Route using Address > ( City or Post Code ) - When entering the third digit of the Post Code ( ie ) first Number I get " No Result Found "?? so have sent Screen Shots to Bringo Customer Support for advise.

If I put in the City Name all ok from there but, Not With Post Code??

Derek

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Derek

Thanks I have also sent a ticket but have not had a quick reply as expected regarding this one

Hmm keep me posted (as I will you)

Christian

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi liverpaul, in what way does it not work perhaps we can help ??

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good morning Christian, one method I do get to work which is using the Post Code is as follows:

On iPhone:
Menu > Contacts > Tap on address for your route > the chosen address appears in the Result Screen > Tap this > chosen position appears in Map View > Tap Go ( Bottom Right ) > choose from Multi Route if you have set this to on. Required Route is now ready to save to Favourites.

Hope this helps - Obviously you have to add your required Address to Contacts first, can always be deleted once you have your Route planned.

When connected to the Infotainment Centre call up the route from Favourites.

The more I use BringGo the more I like it.

Derek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
just found out that if you re-register with another email address you get new 30 day free trial. :roll:
Also I have found out that if you are playing music from an Android phone and have the satnav on as well the music keeps stopping for know apparent reason ,ok with the DAB

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Anthony, very interesting - have tried playing music from the iPhone whilst using BringGo & only cuts out when there is an announcement ? so
with iPhone we ok for a change.

Derek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
Hi Anthony, very interesting - have tried playing music from the iPhone whilst using BringGo & only cuts out when there is an announcement ? so
with iPhone we ok for a change.

Derek
may be just my phone will have to try again

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi CalKlein, sorry for delay? had reply from BingGo Support regards to Post Code route searching:

Thank you for your email.

The steps given by you for address searching and creating the route using the Postcode feature are correct. Currently BringGo app supports
5 characters for Postcode searching in UK, e.g. SO21 1.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
BringGo Customer Support

I Found for ( iPhone search ) only 2 Characters & ( Infotainment Centre search ) 4 Characters then additional information required.

Best method I have found is:

Save required address to ( iPhone ) Contacts > on ( iPhone ) BringGo > Search using Contacts > choose Saved Address > Save to Favourites.

When connected to ( Infotainment Centre ) and BringGo Loaded go to Favourites > choose saved Address > Tap ( Go ), route will load without any further information required.

Best method I have found so far?

Hope this helps

Derek

1 - 15 of 15 Posts