Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so those that just have the LE or standard corsa (NOT VXR) have any of you guys thought about putting in come bucket seats yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope, I have the limited and I am perfectly happy with the seats, they are comfy and do the job. Bucket seats would be nice but I'd want to replace the rear seats aswell and then it becomes a massive task.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Never got the fascination with bucket seats - especially in a bloody corsa.

You're not going to be racing it, so there's no point, they're uncomfortable as anything too and a waste of money imo.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The recaros in the VXR are not bucket seats. They are recliners. There is a difference.

Bucket seats are sh*t and pointless in a Corsa, especially a 3 door like mine as I need to carry the kids in the back. Bucket seats are exactly what they say, they are rigid buckets with base and back in one single piece so they can't fold. They usually don't even come with any padding as that is supplied separately for you to mould yourself to your backside. They also have tall sides so you can't get in or out easily. They are for race, rally and track day cars only. You'd be insane to fit them into a car like a Corsa.

Now recliners are a completely different kettle of fish as depending on the money you spend they can be FAR more comfortable than standard seats. I had Corbeau GTS Recliners in my Land Rover for years and I could sit in them all day without feeling any aches. However they, like the Recaros in the VXR, are upwards of £500 a pair (the VXR recaros are even more because of the air bags). As my car is on a PCP I have no intention of spending that sort of money on something I'm handing back in a years time.

If I had bought my car and was intending to keep it for a long time (as I'd intended to do) I would have fitted some quality recliners but after having so many problems with the Corsa my wife and I have decided to hand it back at the end of its PCP term and get a jap car instead.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
stepdavi said:
Recaros in vxr are certainly not uncomfortable. And also perform well when driving quickly.
I beg to differ. Compared to a comfort seat I can most certainly tell you that a Recaro is an overpriced, uncomfortable P.O.S.

If you're driving so quickly that you require a special seat then more fool you.

If you're racing in a corsa (track or otherwise), you're an idiot - it's a corsa.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I disagree with you on that one Limey. I actually found the recaros in the VXR I tested to be very comfortable. In fact I'd say they were more comfortable than my LE ones!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for reminding me it's a corsa again. My you are a grumpy soul. Im not sure the recaro seats are a p o s.
So angry my friend aren't you.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
stepdavi said:
Thanks for reminding me it's a corsa again. My you are a grumpy soul. Im not sure the recaro seats are a p o s.
I assume this is aimed at Limey not me ;)

Different people will find one seat more comfortable than another depending on their size, shape, weight etc. I've owned loads of cars over the years and for me the most comfortable seats where the bog standard ones in a peugeot 405 GTX estate. I could sit on them for an 8 hour drive and get out at the end feeling as fresh as when I'd got in at the start. Whereas in my LE I find the seats are really uncomfortable after a few hours. My commute is normally 2.5 - 3 hours long and that is about the limit for me in the stock seats. I got stuck in really bad traffic once and was sat for 5 hours in them and I was aching like mad and had a sore backside.

Even my jap pickup trucks had more comfortable seats than the LE, my parents live on the south coast while I live up near Hull, it is a 5 hour drive to them and I did that numerous times non stop in the pickups and they were far more comfortable than the Corsa.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I disagree with you on that one Limey. I actually found the recaros in the VXR I tested to be very comfortable. In fact I'd say they were more comfortable than my LE ones!
To be fair, I don't like the LE seats either though, I find them extremely uncomfortable, I think it's the edges that stick up.

The same for recaros, compared to the excites seats, they're not comfortable at all - maybe I've just been very lucky with previous seats? :lol:

stepdavi said:
Just thought I'd keep you grounded. After all you were talking about putting Recaro's in a bog standard corsa. :roll:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes mud not aimed at you. I agree completely different people fit different seats. I was just surprised at p o s comment and being called an idiot for driving a performance version of corsa with some gusto (sticking within all limits and laws)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
stepdavi said:
Yes mud not aimed at you. I agree completely different people fit different seats. I was just surprised at p o s comment and being called an idiot for driving a performance version of corsa with some gusto (sticking within all limits and laws)
Yup, I know we got off on the wrong foot after my comments regarding VXR performance but that doesn't mean to say I don't like the VXR. Quite the opposite actually as I've wanted one for ages and had every intention of getting one. I may yet get one if they offer a yellow colour option. Sadly my old vehicle packed up a few months too soon to get a VXR E so I ended up with an LE and simply can't justify swapping it for a VXR now as it would cost me a fortune to switch and doing 20K miles a year not sure the mpg is good enough. I would need to do a long test drive on motorway.

Also I personally prefer the looks of the D VXR rather than the E but hell, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. I did think the Recaros in the VXR were lovely though and would have them in my LE in an instant if they weren't £1K to buy!!

Even the LE is a decent handling car and I've driven mine pretty damned hard on the back roads out in the sticks by us. The VXR would be far superior again. I jokingly call them 'shopping cars' but the reality is that these little Corsas are probably far superior in road holding and handling to full fat super cars of 30 years ago. For me the only main problem is lack of steering feel, I'd prefer heavier weighting on the power steering or to have manual steering.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree mate, to easy to argue on forums, start afresh! ☺ Im under no illusion the vxr is the ultimate in performance and handling, I think it's pretty good, but I'm sure you and any other corsa e owners know cause it's a Vauxhall it gets lesser reviews from motoring press than if it had a blue oval on front. Having done 1k miles now car is ideal for me, don't do many miles as Ivery mentioned before I commute by bike, I wouldn't have it if I hadon't anywhere the commute you have, not ideal for sitting on motorway at motorway speeds for distances.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
stepdavi said:
Thought I'd clear this up - I wasn't calling you an idiot for driving a VXR - I was saying if you drove it like an idiot (I.e. Overly fast, racing on roads etc), then you would be :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts