Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the weekend decided to go camping to Wales with my partner and my two year old...

he was supposed to be seated in his car seat while we were putting the tent down but you know what it's like you turn your back for 30 seconds and all hell breaks loose... He decided on putting coins in the vent and walking all over my seats, luckily the coins did not go down the vents!

He also pulled the handle on the rear passenger side which I wasn't very happy about and it came off!! When I looked at it after I noticed that there wasn't the 2 screws holding it in like there is in the others. Taking it back Tuesday to Vauxhall to get it fixed and while it's there in gonna get them to tighten my handbrake!

Just thought I'd let you guys know to check yours.

Also any of you got auto wipers? If so what do you think? Mine react like a 95 year old in goal...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ye mine did till I turned the dile you know like an inch down the whiper stick from INT to full now they are alot more sensative to rain I allso leave it on rsin sensor all the time dunno about you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cypherix said:
Ye mine did till I turned the dile you know like an inch down the whiper stick from INT to full now they are alot more sensative to rain I allso leave it on rsin sensor all the time dunno about you
Yeah I did adjust that and put it to full but still seems crap... I also USED to leave mine on permanently but found that every time I started the car the wipers would wipe the screen and when my window screen is iced up it's gonna end up damaging them

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have no problem with my 'human interface' wipers, they work perfect every time and come on the moment the rain starts and they were free too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mud4fun said:
I have no problem with my 'human interface' wipers, they work perfect every time and come on the moment the rain starts and they were free too :mrgreen:
Haha mine came as standard on my excite if I'd had the choice I'd have said no cuz they are crap

·
Registered
74 Posts
My excite came standard with the sight and light, and the winter pack.
Yeah you're right, the auto wipers are sh!t even on max sensitivity

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
If it is spitting I just set the intermittent to its longest delay which is quite long. It works great. It has a far better range of delay than intermittent wipers I've had on other cars. If you have auto wipers do you not get the intermittent?

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
If it is spitting I just set the intermittent to its longest delay which is quite long. It works great. It has a far better range of delay than intermittent wipers I've had on other cars. If you have auto wipers do you not get the intermittent?
Sort of, the bit of the wiper stalk you "twist" to increase the time interval delay between wipes on the intermittent setting of a car without auto wipers is used to increase/decrease sensitivity of the auto wipers, so if you want them to wipe frequently you make them very sensitive, if you want them to wipe occasionally you decrease the sensitivity. But on cars with auto wipers this basically replaces intermittent setting.

I find they work better than in most cars, on the 3 other cars ive had them on, 2004 Clio, even if the stalk is in the auto position when the ignition is switched off when you turn it back on with the stalk still in the auto position, it won't do anything, you need to switch them off and back on, 2005 Astra, same as the Clio because of the daft touch sensitive "tap" indicators like the Corsa D, so on both of them it means to switch auto wipers on means if its dry you are wiping a dry a screen to switch them on. 2009 Clio, if you leave the stalk in auto and switch ignition off and then back on with stalk still in auto, even if its dry the wipers will again wipe once. On the E you can keep the stalk constantly up 1 notch for the auto setting and not have to keep switching them on and off auto setting to get it to work each time you turn of and later restart ignition (which therefore isn't auto because you are still in some way switching them off/on) and when the car is started with the wipers in auto it won't do a single wipe unless its actually raining.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks Hendry, good explanation. :)

I'm quite happy with my manual ones though. They are light years more advanced than what I'm used to in my Land Rovers which don't even have a wiper stalk let alone intermittent. They have a two speed rotary switch (slow or even slower) on the dash that you have to physically turn on and off while driving along to achieve an intermittent effect!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hendry said:
On the E you can keep the stalk constantly up 1 notch for the auto setting and not have to keep switching them on and off auto setting to get it to work each time you turn of and later restart ignition (which therefore isn't auto because you are still in some way switching them off/on) and when the car is started with the wipers in auto it won't do a single wipe unless its actually raining.[/quote said:
Henry on mine it always wipes the screen when I turn the ignition on!? How do I avoid this?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Bluesam said:
hendry said:
On the E you can keep the stalk constantly up 1 notch for the auto setting and not have to keep switching them on and off auto setting to get it to work each time you turn of and later restart ignition (which therefore isn't auto because you are still in some way switching them off/on) and when the car is started with the wipers in auto it won't do a single wipe unless its actually raining.[/quote said:
Henry on mine it always wipes the screen when I turn the ignition on!? How do I avoid this?
Unfortunately I don't have a clue mate, by chance does your windscreen have condensation on it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hendry said:
Bluesam said:
hendry said:
Unfortunately I don't have a clue mate, by chance does your windscreen have condensation on it?
I tested your theory today and i think it's when there is condensation on the screen. It was dry when I turned the ignition on and the auto wipers were on but didn't wipe

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sooo, can you turn the auto wipers off? Never had them but both trim levels I am looking at have them.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Sooo, can you turn the auto wipers off? Never had them but both trim levels I am looking at have them.
Of course you can :) just put the stalk down a notch.

Bluesam said:
I tested your theory today and i think it's when there is condensation on the screen. It was dry when I turned the ignition on and the auto wipers were on but didn't wipe
The rain sensor is at the top of the windscreen, in the box around the rear view mirror. If they're wiping when you turn on your car, its probably due to condensation on that point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts