Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace all my existing front headlight bulbs on the car with ones which match the colour of the LED DRLs but I don't want that at the compromise of worse light output and visibility than the standard bulbs, if anything I'd prefer ones which produce better/more light and visibility if I'm going to the effort of changing them all, can anyone recommend me some.

Power bulbs are doing 20% off and I was on looking at either Philips X-treme vision which have a 3700K colour and produce upto 130% more light than standard but also Philips White vision which are 4300K and produce 60% more light, don't want to waste £25 on ones which don't match the DRL LED colour though. These are just H7 dipped beam bulbs as well, I'd ideally like the high/main beam bulb and fog light bulb colours to match as well.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I really think you will have a hard time getting any bulb to match the colour of a led unless you get hids.

I have xenon bulbs and they look alot better than standard but still not as white as the drls.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i'm also looking at getting the phillips X-treme, i know the head lights are H7 is this also the same for the main? also what bulb is the fog.
would be good to get a full listing from somebody who has already changed out their bulbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I've changed out mine to HIDs and it is the H7's, that is your only option if you don't want to reduce your visibility which just swapping out bulbs will do. Not too expensive, the most expensive is roughly £80 for a fast start 55w bulb. Go to Horizon LEDs they have a great website and customer service with the cheapest prices around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
joeboy said:
I really think you will have a hard time getting any bulb to match the colour of a led unless you get hids.

I have xenon bulbs and they look alot better than standard but still not as white as the drls.
Thats the same as what i have done, there not exactly the same as the DRL's but they do look loads better, IMO for the few quid they are on ebay there worth a shot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
anthony said:
so are the low beam and high beam both H7? and what is the fog light bulb type please ;)
Yes they are H7's. The fog lights are H10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts