Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an intermittent engine warning light. When I plug the car in to a fault reader it points to an issue with the camshaft position sensor. I have tried looking up how to locate, remove and potentially replace them but everywhere I look I cant seem to find the correct information for my engine (above).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's an exhaust camshaft position system performance code rather than a cam sensor issue.
the ECM detects a difference between the actual and the desired camshaft position angle.

Engine oil condition has a major impact on the camshaft actuator system,
are you running the correct spec 0w20 oil and has it been changed to schedule ?
oil sludge build-up can interfere with the solenoid valves and the mechanical operation of the camshaft actuators,
so i'd pull the solenoids and check for crud and clean them,
then swap them over to see if the code moves to an inlet one (P0011) to rule out the solenoids themselves

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thank you for your help.

It has been serviced every year on the anniversary of purchase (November 2016) and was serviced with the dealer for two years and then with a different garage for the years up to now. The car has only done 47,000 miles up to this point.

I'll take a look at the solenoids and see if I can see any issues.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I finally got some time to start looking into this and realised that my Haynes manual does not cover my particular engine (3 Cylinder - 1 Litre turbo). Does anyone know of any guides or manuals out there for this engine?

I am fairly confident when it comes to working on cars but don't like to work blind as it were.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Haynes is still fairly useless,out of curiosity i bought the online version for my 1.0t Astra K,
there is some specific engine info but it's mainly just generic stuff you can find on you tube.
Is it just the solenoids you're pulling out ?
if so it's straightforward,one bolt re-tighten to 10nm

Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Line

1 - 8 of 8 Posts