Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went away for a weekend break. I was unable to lock the car doors. It clicked but nothing happened. The strange thing is it only happens intermittently. Sometime they lock, other times they don't. Each time I made sure all doors were shut properly, but that wasn't the issue. Of course leaving the car unlocked in the car park overnight is very unsettling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently went away for a weekend break. I was unable to lock the car doors. It clicked but nothing happened. The strange thing is it only happens intermittently. Sometime they lock, other times they don't. Each time I made sure all doors were shut properly, but that wasn't the issue. Of course leaving the car unlocked in the car park overnight is very unsettling.
it could be a broke wire or a wire where the sleeve has exposed the copper wire in one of the doors which is causing the issue.

only way to check is to remove the door cards, I would start with the drivers door as this gets most use.

I would check for visible signs of damage on the wiring then use a multimeter.

The other thing it could be is one of the central locking motors not engaging hence the open circuit.

Again use a multimeter to check if power is going to it when you press the switch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts