Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get the dealer to arrange to have an alarm fitted, in this day and age is it worth it with all the cloning going on? Also they said they can supply a anti-cloning card, which you keep in your pocket to stop key cloning... Any feed back would be good

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Too many car alarms go off by us so nobody takes any notice any more other than cursing the noise!

We live in a remote area and have high crime rate due to travellers so we use various things such as tracking devices, hidden fuel line locks and heavy pedal locks on our Land Rovers. Not sure if they make these things for Corsa but touch wood they've kept ours safe for many years. Here is the pedal lock fitted to my wife's truck:

http://mud4fun.com/2011/09/06/fitting-an-ardcase/

If I can find one for the Corsa I'll be fitting it when car is parked overnight.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still not sure what to do. my heart says get one fitted but I keep thinking is it a waste of money, if they can clone the remotes then that will deactivate the alarm anyway. its more of a deterrent really. Oh what to do

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
or a may get one of these
:lol:

Yes I figured that any form of electronic protection is now easier to defeat than a good old fashioned lump of 1/8" thick steel, hence the pedal box. To remove it without a key you'd need an angle grinder and a cutting disc and even then they'd have to slice off the pedals as the box would be tough to cut with a battery operated grinder. The lock itself is also protected by even thicker steel.

We also have CCTV and numerous other anti-theft devices around the house, gardens and workshops.

The best deterrant though I thinK we have is the gravel drive. You can hear anybody (even a cat) walking across that from anywhere inisde in the house. There has been attempted thefts of several of our neighbours cars in recent years but in all those cases the houses had block paved drives which are a thieves dream as they can walk silently down the drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.