Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Limited Corsa for 6 weeks now and I hate the stock bulbs that are in it.

Can anyone reccomended better bulbs as I have tried HIDs and the realised they have no chance of being fitted.
Looking to put like LED or XenonS in.

G

·
The online Vauxhall accessory site are selling the Phillips blue vision bulbs in the Corsa E section. Might be worth searching the net to find out which bulbs are best as I don't think anyone will be making adaptors for HID`s or LED`s for a while if at all.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Gary, do you have a link as I can't see them. I'm on their mobile site though....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have just ordered some OPC sill protectors, I did not want plain vauxhall or corsa and I thought VXR was being a bit cheeky, and as our car in Germany would be the OPC line I decided on those :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
I have just ordered some OPC sill protectors, I did not want plain vauxhall or corsa and I thought VXR was being a bit cheeky, and as our car in Germany would be the OPC line I decided on those :)
Would the SRi VX-Line not be the equivalent of Opel's OPC-Line Corsa, I know when I had the Astra H the OPC Line was equivalent to our SRI XP model, and the OPC-Line was equivalent to the SRi VX-Line Astra J as well, although there wasn't a Limited Edition spec to confuse things on the Astras, not that it really matters as OPC Line just denotes the styling kit fitted to the car (side skirts, rear roof spoiler and front and rear lower bumper extensions) which over here both SRi VX-Line and LE come with. The OPC sill trims are nice, I just couldn't get them or I'd have to rebadge the whole cars Vauxhall badges to Opel so it all tied in.

I'm going to find out the part number of the ones fitted as factory standard fit to the SE and compare to the part number of the ones you can buy as an accessory for the E from either the dealers parts dept or thr accesory website so I know they are the same ones.

I do think its a bit rubbish how the sporty models of the E don't have things like this as standard when sporty Astra's and Insignias do, but yet the SE does even though it may be the top spec but its more comfort styled than sporty.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
not too sure about that but if you go onto the VX configurator and look closely at the side of the LE it has OPC line badges

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
gkmorris said:
anthony said:
not too sure about that but if you go onto the VX configurator and look closely at the side of the LE it has OPC line badges
The same for the SRI VX-Line
which both have the body kit so probably the same photo used in each apart from the grill black roof and mirrors

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got to be honest here, I never saw the point of marketing both the SRI and LE in the D and I don't get it in the E SRi VX-Line and LE, seems to me they are almost exactly the same car except if you buy the LE you don't get the sight and light pack, split folding rear seat, ambient interior lights, and passenger seat undertray the SRi Vx-Line has, and if you buy the SRi VX-Line you get all that but not the black wheels, mirrors, roof and grille and rear tinted windows. both have the same bodykit, wheels, styling and exterior and same interior and interior spec.

Plus IIRC the LE is more expensive than the SRi VX-Line despite having less kit but black painted bits, they should've saved confusion and either not bothered with the SRi VX-Line and just gave the LE all the stuff it has missing the VX-Line has, or not bothered with the LE and gave the VX-Line the black body parts and wheels and rear tints or even made them say a £250 option to get black roof, wheels, mirrors and grille put on as a factory option.

VX seem to have 2 models competing with each other for the same customer when they should be putting all their efforts in to selling more Corsas than the bloody Fix Or Repair Daily Fiesta that everyone bleats on about being so great and the best supermini etc.

The whole E range is confusing at best, if there were 4 folk on here, 1 with an Excite, 1 with an LE, 1 with an SRi or SRi VX-Line, and 1 with an SE, they all have features the other doesn't bit are missing features the others have too, what happened to Merit, L, LS, GL, GLS, CD, CDX, SRI and GSI where each had a better spec than the other and wasn't missing anything from a lower spec model, the GSI was your top model because it was sportier than the SRi and more luxurious than the CDX and each was a rung up the ladder.

I mean, I want the heated seats and wheel from an SE, the kit and black wheels and roof and tints from the LE but I still want the sports seats (SE doesnt have them) ambient lights (neither LE or SE have them) and sight and light pack (LE doesn't have them) from my SRi, but there's now no way of having a model that has everything. No matter what model you get you need to compromise on something.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I agree just checked on the configurator and the LE is about a grand more, which you could pay out the get the wheels, roof,grill and mirrors painted and rear windows tinted and still be in pocket the only difference is there is no option for 5 years interest free , oh I have got a seat under tray on my LE

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
I agree just checked on the configurator and the LE is about a grand more, which you could pay out the get the wheels, roof,grill and mirrors painted and rear windows tinted and still be in pocket the only difference is there is no option for 5 years interest free , oh I have got a seat under tray on my LE
Yeah, and don't get me wrong it probably doesn't matter to most people who either want sportiness (Limited Edition) or luxuriousness (SE) but it matters to me because I wanted both, hence why I had to compromise and get an SRi, some sportiness (sports seats, interior trim, black wheels, red dash strip, visible exhaust pipe etc) and some luxury (ambient lights, sight and light pack, rain sense wipers, auto dim interior mirror etc) but not all of both, could've bought an SRi VX-Line for more sportiness but still luxuries I suppose but didn't think a spoiler, skirts and 1" bigger wheels merited another £1100. Could've bought an SE and added the LE bodykit etc as a factory option but it'd still be not very sporty with the more comfort based wheel style, seat trim, interior trim pattern, non sports seats, extra chrome bits etc. Or could've got an LE and specced options like sight and light pack, heated seats and steering wheel etc but still couldn't have got stuff that wasn't an option on LE but comes on other models like ambient lights and 60/40 split folding rear seat, plus when you start adding loads of options it starts to get so expensive that for the same money you could buy something bigger/better, as much as I like Es I don't think I could justify £18K on one, that would get you into the territory of all sorts of properly decent (albeit 2nd hand) cars.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I got quite a good deal LE 1.4 no turbo with tech pack 2 thrown in and interest free, sometimes think I should have gone for the turbo and not the tech pack no regrets I love the car I've got

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Not everybody wants technical packs though. I certainly don't put any value in them and actively chose a model without them. Also to do a good quality job of painting wheels black, roof black and tinting costs a chunk of money and would then be considered modifications to insurance company. For me the LE was near perfect spec for a reasonable price. Not everybody is interested in gadgets. I just wanted a decent car to drive that gets good economy and looks good. In my body colour choice the black 17" wheels (and roof, windows and mirrors) are better than the silver coloured wheels as they give a better contrast. I'd rather pay 15K for the LE than 16K for a SRi VX line with the LE bits on it as I didn't need the extra stuff on the SRi. So actually I think VX got it right. :)

Oh and having tested both comfort and sports chassis I would always choose the sport as it really makes the car for me. It is still more than comfortable ride quality but transforms handling and makes car more fun to drive.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
as I've said before the tech pack was all in no extra. I certainty wouldn't pay for it and the main reason I wanted the LE was the black roof etc., which I think finishes it off

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
as I've said before the tech pack was all in no extra. I certainty wouldn't pay for it and the main reason I wanted the LE was the black roof etc., which I think finishes it off
Sorry Anthony, I was responding to Hendry but you posted before I'd finished :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts