Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here i am with my first query.

I noticed my central car mirror and i found a red spot light on the bottom of it. Imagine that in dark roads it is visible on my Intellink screen and in gear lever.
Does anyone know what is this?
It's visible also from the front of the car .
Can it be the rain detector?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i think you will find it could be anti dazzle from cars behind, the screen should turn green or something to do with what you said about wipers, my car has it and i have tech pack 2 which includes a lot of head on detection and anti dazzle mirror, what options do you have on your car? forget last comment just seen your 1st post

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anthony said:
i think you will find it could be anti dazzle from cars behind, the screen should turn green or something to do with what you said about wipers, my car has it and i have tech pack 2 which includes a lot of head on detection, what options do you have on your car?
Well i am not from UK so the packs are a bit different.
I am sure that this is not the anti dazzle detector. This detector is facing the back of the car so it detects light from behind cars.
The one i am talking about is facing the bottom of the car. And it seems that it has no use at all.
I will try to take a photo of it tomorrow and post it.

Sorry for my english , is not my native language. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
H, I think this is part of the Corsa E Ambient lighting you are referring to ?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
H, I think this is part of the Corsa E Ambient lighting you are referring to ?
Yep, also referred to as indirect night lighting or mood lighting, basically to light up the area around the gearlever at night without being too bright.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Excite has the light pack and the anti dazzle mirror and I haven't noticed this red light you talk about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have upload 2 pictures of my mirror. In the first one you can see the bottom of my mirror and where this red light comes from). So any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think as mentioned earlier this is the ambient lighting. I read I'm the owners manual something about it being automatic when you stop the engine and remove the key... as soon as you open a door it turns off if I remember the manual correctly..

On the forums it looks like people are saying it only part of SRi trim level, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Driving back on the motorway last night and I noticed the red light under the mirror. I noticed it at the same time I noticed the anti dazzle present on the the mirror so could be linked to that but don't quote me. An official answer would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts